Friday, June 14, 2013

Saved by the dell...

Playlist
Various - Acquisitions 2012/13
Various - The Milano Jukebox
Miles Davis - Dark Magus
Schubert - Impromptus
Gentle Giant - Playing the Fool

Up at six and to the PC to get some early work in...

A beautiful day...




Disaster...

Following some updates from Microsoft having been loaded in on Wednesday, pre shut down, today the PC would not boot up, instead, it just went round in circles pre boot and I was faced with the dreaded "Blue Screen of Death"...


To compound matters, cut myself shaving -  a cut which took a couple of hours at least to stop bleeding...

Down to the zoo anyway...


...and past the cathedral...


A fairly depressing day as correspondence with several people whose job it is to know these things, advised the PC was well and truly goosed...

Born 2005, died 2013...

My two most trusted computer stuff advisers advised it was probably time for a new PC, both coincidentally suggesting a laptop...

Back home in the evening, I relaxed and took stock...

I had a brainwave...

Since Anne acquired her iPad, her Netbook has lain unused in a corner and a thought came to me that I might use this...

Some late night experimentation seemed to suggest this could indeed be a solution and a few days of downloading and upgrading began...



Phew, kind of...

Highlight of the Day : Saved by the Dell...

No comments: