Saturday, June 01, 2013

What I've wanted since I was 13...

Playlist
Creek - The Return of Symmetry
Creek - 1.0.0
Various - Virtual DJ Setlists
Various - Recent Acquisitions on Shuffleplay

Up early and some work at the PC but no walking into town today...

Instead a good few hours sorting through the pics from nephew Andy's wedding, cropping and generally ameliorating, before putting onto a USB stick to have printed for my mum...

Meg the Black Cat was relaxing...


...as I went for rolls - to be enjoyed back home with eggs...


Later on, shopping with Anne...


On the agenda, picture developing...

During the hour's wait we nipped to Sainsbury for supplies, swithered in Comet over a new radio for the kitchen (decided against) and bought a shoe tidy thing for the porch at Argos...

Back home, started putting this together...

Of course, if you bring a box into the house...




Half way through the work, fellow Creeker (and wedding photographer) Stu Cobley arrived...

We had been going to meet with him in Penicuik with third member of the band, Craig Sutherland but Craig had to pull out at the last minute and Stu was heading into Edinburgh anyway...


It just so happens that today is the sixteenth anniversary of the first ever Creek improvisational electronic quartet session at Reptile Records...

Spooky...

Stu helped out with the construction...



...and showed us his pics from his recent trip to Berlin, which we compared and contrasted with our own from last May...

A good couple of hours...

Later on, whilst listening to some tracks on the PC I thought I'd like to cross-fade but the option seemed disabled on my Creative player...

So I sought out some free to download DJ software and plumped for Virtual DJ, given its good reviews...


It turns out this is the same software I used on nephew Andy's laptop during my short DJ set at his wedding...


Very much recommended - it's what I've wanted since I was 13...

As a consequence of mucking about with this, I was late leaving the house for tonight's MB Fives get together for the returning to France of Messieur Jonathon...

Arrived at Waverley Bridge around 35 minutes after our supposed meet up time at a venue still a good 10 minutes walk away...


Good light waylay-ed me further...



I arrived at The Globe to find no-one there...

I texted the organiser and called a couple of times - no response...

Looked in a few nearby hostelries - to no avail...

So walked back to Waverley Bridge...

Good light waylay-ed me again...




I sat down on the airport bus and took out my phone to text Anne to advise of my early return - to find a text from the boys to advise they were now at The Globe - everyone was running late it seemed...

So I jumped off the bus and walked back again...

A good night ensued...

Jonathon received a wee trophy, engraved with his catch phrase "Putain de Merde!!!"


Also along were Colin and Mick...


Also along were Jambo Dave and, lurking in the darkness, Abdul the Morrocan...


...and Nigel and his lovely wife, whose name I'm afraid I did not catch...


After apparently putting my name down for the game this Wednesday(!!), I bailed around midnight and made my way to Princes St for a night bus, for which I had to hang around for another 40 minutes...


...during which time I managed to ensure a young drunk Irish lad would make it to his Grandad's on the correct bus...

To bed around 1:30 - after an enjoyable day...

Highlight of the Day : Virtual DJ download and footie night out and Creek celebration....

No comments: