Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Return to the fray...

Playlist
Various Composers - American Piano Sonatas
Frith - Eleventh Hour
Various - Recent Acquisitions on Shuffleplay
Sonny Stitt - Stitt Plays Bird
Udo Lindenberg - Starboulevard
Jean-Luc Pnty - Upon the Wings of Music
Various - Recent Jazz Acquisitions on Shuffleplay

Overcast early on...

At Fopp at lunchtime, their stock is back to almost tip top proportions...

Loads of £3 CD bargains...

This is not good for me...

However, my main purchase was "Heimat 2", a 24 hour, 7 DVD set of Edgar Reitz's second great history of Germany through the eyes of the people of the fictitious Hunsruck village of Schabbach...

This is mostly set in Munich, where I lived and worked for a short, enjoyable period many moons ago...

The main protagonist is a young man involved in the modern classical music scene there in the early sixties, a period of particular interest and enjoyment to me...

Looking forward to re-watching this sometime....

Also bought a stand alone two hour film from the same director "Fragments", set in Schabbach and concentrating on the women of the story...

Also bought a disc by Sonny Stitt - an hommage to Charlie Parker - and two recent discs by Brad Mehldau (I will be going back for more no doubt) - and a 5CD box of five mid 70's jazz fusion albums by violinist Jean-Luc Ponty...

A good haul...

And back home a 2CD compilation of Udo Lindenberg was behind the door...

Main event of the day though, was my return to the fray at MB Fives...



I managed the whole hour in the outfield in a not too frenetic six a side match...

In truth though, my performance was pretty poor...

The "lights" were well beaten, 5-2, and my pace was pathetic...

But I am 54 and a few stones overweight and my knees and ankles are away to buggery so I shouldn't have been surprised...

So, let 5 June 2013 go down as (possibly) my last ever game of footie...

I remain on the emergency subs list of course...

Home with very sore legs and not able to walk that well but not as bad as I have been in the past...

Some new music listening and another episode of "Spiral" were enjoyed...

And I was buoyed by Annie's tasty Red Thai Chicken Curry, having fasted for the rest of the day...

Highlight of the Day : Playing football, despite now being very crap indeed....

No comments: