Wednesday, April 04, 2012

We've not quite got it covered just yet...

Cloudland Blue Quartet – Track of the Day
“Snowfall” from “Deeperdown” (2005)

Playlist
Quincy Jones – This Is How I Feel About Jazz
Jamie & David – 24 Covers

Snow on the hills this morning...


Just after 7:30 this evening, my two musical buddies arrived for this evening's session...

Mr James Jamieson aka Jamie Frain - the "baby" of the Capital Models line up from 1980 - scary that he will hit 50 in May...



...and drummer (and closet multi instrumentalist) Keith Apter - with whom I recorded a duo instrumental album thirty years ago this very month...



We banged our way through some of Jamie's covers repertoire...



...followed by some of the songs from my set from last year...



 ...plus a couple of tunes we'd not previously considered...



...before I put Jamie into the PC room to record a 12 song set to which Keith and I will practice guitaring, singing and percussioning along over the coming week or so...

Both Jamie and Keith are Hearts fans so there was footie chat for Anne over coffee and biscuits later on as I burned dics for my compadres...

We will play again next Tuesday...



A good night...

Highlight of the Day : Playing with some old chums...

No comments: