Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Fanny and Johnny, kind of but not quite...

Cloudland Blue Quartet – Track of the Day
“The Beauty of a Foreign Land” from “Deeperdown” (2005)

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Covers
Cloudland Blue Quartet – McKenzie Slater Reilly Covers
The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico
Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel – The Best Years of Our Lives
The Killers – Sam’s Town

The weather turned today...



Arranged with ex-Capital Models Jamie and Keith to come round to Crispycat Towers tomorrow for a first rehearsal for the covers gig at The Kilted Pig on the 21st...

In prep for this, I listened to the collection of covers I put together last autumn and which, of course, I have now forgotten how to play...

I aslo worked out the chords to a Cockney Rebel classic...

At lunchtime a trip to Fopp and a three albums on a 2CD set by Quincy Jones was nabbed, along with a disc by Harry Christophers and the Sixteen of serene choral classics...

Total cost - just five of your Scottish pounds...

A wee break in the freezing weather when I arrived home...

Meg was looking cute...



What's this?



Well, it's the original copy of the Velvets' debut album, which I have reclaimed from Pam's collection, having given it to her, probably around 1977 or 1978 when I bought a better condition copy...

As she kept it, I now have the actual copies of the two LPs which set me on the course which led to here...



...The Velvet Underground & Nico...



...and Robert Fripp & Brian Eno's "(No Pussyfooting)"...



Downstairs to one of my favourite pursuits - cooking with the Exec Producer...



Tonight, we were making chicken fajitas (I think!)...



My task was mainly chopping...



...while Anne ensured everyhting hit the pan at just the right time...



I soundtracked our efforts with today's procured classical disc...



Looking good...



Into the tortillas...





Grating cheese over the top...



Meanwhile, outside, it was trying its best to snow...



Ten minutes in the oven and out it came...



Tasty...



The evening was spent in front of the box with the last two episodes of "Inside Men" sandwiching tonight's "CSI"...

Highlight of the Day : Cooking with Anne...

No comments: