Friday, April 20, 2012

Rub a dub dub...

Cloudland Blue Quartet Track of the Day
"Waiting to Die" from "Erstazreal" (2007)

Playlist
Various - Trojan Presents Dub
Various - Trojan Foundation Dub
Various - Trojan Dub Box Set
Various - Trojan Dub Box Set Vol 2
Various - Originals of Jamie's Covers Set

Soundtracked today by 180 examples of dub reggae in shuffleplay mode...

Very entertaining...

People are liking the photo of the trio - here's my favourite version, with a reminder we're playing in Edinburgh  tomorrow (see below) (or tonight if you're reading this on Saturday 21st April - or you've missed it if you're reading this beyond that)...

Anyway, here's the pic...



In the evening, work...

Jamie got back to me re the suggested running order and his solo numbers in the second set are out - turns out he hadn't intended to do them...

So, two sets, the first around 60 minutes, the second around 75 minutes...

All sorted and communicated to my compadres...

Work too on actually getting to grips with the songs added just the other night and which Keith and I will be playing for only the second time or on which my instrument has been changed at the last minute...

Other than that, some Friday night comedy - I opted out of "Would I Lie to You" but enjoyed "Have I Got News for You" and Not Going Out"...

Ended the day listening again to the originals of what we'll butcher tomorrow...

Highlight of the day : Musicking - and dub in the cans...

No comments: