Thursday, April 19, 2012

Do you remember the Saturday gigs...

Cloudland Blue Quartet – Track of the Day
“I Still Write You Letters (I Just Don’t Send Them Anymore)” from “Erstazreal” (2007)

Playlist
The Jamie Frain Trio – Covers
Various – Originals of our Covers Set

Working today on Saturday...

This produced and mailed to Jamie...

Spot the psycho in the band...


What else did I do...

Well, I worked on the running order...

1. Tried to keep instrument switching to a minimum...
2. Categorised the songs into such things as singalong / mainstream / slow / rhythmic...
3. Added in Jamie’s solo sets - one in each main set plus a set leading into the second trio set...
4. Ended both sets with singalongs - more so in the second set...
5. Tried to break up the songs which I will sing...
6. Assumed each song plus chat etc will take 4 mins...

This is how I waste my time...

Anyway, also mailed to Jamie for perusal, comments and, no doubt, tweaking...

Added too, the recently added songs, to my folder on the hard drive of the original versions of the 30 songs our trio will play...

And, inbetween watching “Law & Order : Criminal Intent” and “CSI”, listened to these – we are doing several songs I hadn’t heard in my puff before last night’s run through...

Seat of my pants is wearing thin...

Highlight of the Day : Working on the gig stuff...

No comments: