Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A day off, kind of...

Playlist
Miles Davis Quintet – Sessions 1963-1968
Various – Miles Not Miles

A day off today, kind of...

Other than calling the hospital to see if I could see the physio a day early – to no avail as she wasn’t in today - much of the rest of the day was spent revisiting the big list of albums I compiled a couple of years back in relation to Miles Davis second great Quintet of Miles, Wayne Shorter, Herbie Hancock, Ron Carter and Tony Williams...

It’s a list of every album upon which a member or members of the quintet appeared during the existence of the quartet...

After much mucking about and listening to tracks from said LPs, I ended up with a new wee compilation which I’ve called “Miles Not Miles” which features one track each from the eight discs which feature at least three of the four quintet participants...



This is how I waste my time...

Ended the day ordering missing albums from the list from Amazon, along with some Xmas presents for Annie...

Highlight of the Day : Excellent jazz...

No comments: