Monday, December 05, 2011

Art thing missed, Art Tatum bought...

Playlist
Various – Last 9 Months on Shuffleplay
Rufus Wainwright – Rufus Wainwright
Various Composers – Neujahr’s Konzert 2011
Glenn Miller – The Very Best of Glenn Miller
Various – New Blue Horns
Art Tatum – The Tatum Group Masterpieces Vol 1
Art Tatum – The Tatum Group Masterpieces Vol 4

To the physio at The Western first thing with Annie...



Although I am too late to enter this art thing...



...my foot is sorted again and some exercises learned...

Back in ten days...

To Fopp at lunchtime – bus along, walked back...

Six discs purchased...

Not sure how often I’ll listen to Glenn Miller but brought back good thoughts of my dad and of the manufactured Miller revival of 1975...

My third Rufus Wainwright disc and I’m still not convinced...

A 2CD set of this year’s New Year’s Day concert from Vienna, which Anne, sister Pam and I enjoyed at Pam’s house in Hemel, back when things didn’t look quite so bleak and confidence was high...

Some splendid late 50’s/early 60's tracks from the Riverside catalogue and two Art Tatum discs, bought on the recommendation of brother-in-law Keith, made up the rest of the haul...

Outlay? £15...

Back home and a quiet night in with Anne...

Not feeling that great and foot gyp seemingly on the way back once again by the time I hit the sack...

Highlight of the Day : Foot fixed again – but for how long...

No comments: