Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Return of the daily drivel...

Playlist
Various – 2011 on Shuffleplay
Sonny Stitt & Jack McDuff – Stitt Meets Brother Jack
Bill Evans – Interplay
Various – Best of Blue Break Beats
Various – Blue 45s : The Ultimate Jukebox
Various – Very Best of Euphoric Dance Breakdown
J S Bach – Orchestral Suites Arr. for Guitar Quartet

The walk down to the bus stop this morning took three times as long as normal...

Even though only using one crutch...

Another child was introduced to the Billion Dollar Baby’s head...



Wee Dod looks a bit worried...

He’ll be fine – it’s Xmas...



To FOPP at lunchtime once again and swapped the two Dexter Gordon discs for one by Bill Evans and one by Sonny Stitt – each of which I was convinced I did not have already...

On the way home, rather annoyingly, despite my prominent display of a crutch, the two fat ladies in the disabled seats on the Airport bus steadfastly refused to notice me and I had to stand...

Alighted at the bottom of the hill and it took a further 40 minutes to get home, normally a 12 minute brisk walk away...

A visit this evening from Anne’s workmate and our good chum Mr Chris-with-a-Ch – the trio enjoyed some tasty home-made lasagne from the fair hand of the Exec Producer – it was so good I forgot to snap it...

I wasn't my usual good time self though - I'm a wee bit drained with all that's happened and there's a big hole where Pam used to be...

Now I need to get back to concentrating on Annie...

And maybe spend a bit more time with my old mum too...

But this is a daily diary of "what I did today" - it's not a touchy, feely "thoughts and feelings" thing - and I don't expect that to change, so forgive me if the diary resorts to it's usual Daily Drivel (anagram of "David Reilly") status...

Post Chris’ exit, to bed at an unfeasibly early 10:15, leaving Annie watching the box...

Shattered...

At least today, at the third attempt, I managed not to buy any CDs I already had...

Highlight of the Day : Annie’s lasagne...

No comments: