Saturday, August 13, 2011

M.M.M....

Playlist
Martin Peters - Works
Schumann - Complete Piano Works
John Renbourn - Sir John A Lot
John Renbourn - The Lady and the Unicorn
Various - My Top Twenty 30/12/72
Miles Davis - The Real Miles Davis

A packed day...

Up around 6 and working out how best to burn all the music downloaded from Martin Peters' site - it's his birthday today coincidentally...

Packed my rucksack (Meg the Black Cat tried to get inside too)....



...and, at 8:15 it was off out to the gym - yes I've joined a new gym - considerably less outlay than the council gym I attended in 2009/10 but also rather further away...

It's right in the centre of town...

Drove to The Saturday Place and walked around a mile back to it - past many Fringe posters...



...and the Meadows...



...and "worked out" man...

Then, to the library for 10:30 to meet with Dr Prog - taking along with me examples of Mr Peters for him...

Past these Fringe performers getting ready for something or other...



At the library I borrowed a 70 (yes, 70) CD box by Miles Davis (granted, most of which I have already but I have picked out 31 I either don't have or which have extra material on them which I don't have) - and a 6CD career spanning collection by Jack Bruce...



To the address on the poster above for coffee with the Doc...



..for this was once an art gallery...

The doc regaled me with his enthusiasm for Impressionist art, expressing a desire to visit Chicago - and of the music of the late Bill Evans...



..which he freely admitted was "bland"..

I opined that, while I appreciate the steps taken forward by both the Impressionists and Mr Evans, I find the resulting work by others who followed, to be more worthwhile...

Home for a quick turnaround and back to Tynecastle, to which I accompanied Anne, her mum being busy elsewhere...

Hearts v Aberdeen - with Hearts eventually running out easy 3-0 winners...





Just after the celebrations below, for goal number one...



...there was a bit of a contretemps in Section F as a drunken man stood up to remonstrate with Aberdeen fans a good, good distance away whilst blocking your correspondent's view of the ongoing game...

A tap on the shoulder and a "sit down please" was met with a torrent of effing and ceeing abuse and offers to step outside...

What a dick...

We warned him we were season ticket holders and we would have him ejected - so, after further questioning of my parentage and whether I was an Aberdeen supporter (erm, my first Hearts match attended was in 1969 matey) he left of his own accord - presumably to partake of even more alchohol somewhere nearby...

What a dick...

His chums agreed it was best that he'd gone...

So, he missed Hearts' second and, below, third goals...



Half time chat with chumm Spike and brother in law Keith - who advised nephew Craig had found a fiver in the street, placed a bet on the name of the first goalscorer and promptly won another £70...

My £1 half time draw ticket failed to be removed from the hat...

There were considerably more Aberdeen fans in attendance than there had been Hungarians nine days ago...



Met up with broterh in law Bobby and nephew Olly on the walk back from the game before we stopped off to pick up some tasty fish fillets for tea and drove home to watch the goals again on BBC Alba...

After which, "A Very Long Engagement" was watched and very much enjoyed by your correspondent and his Exec Producer...



I deemed it possibly almost on a par with "The English Patient" - one of my all-time favourites...

After that, some work upstairs then back down to end the day with Miles on the nutphones and the first "Match of the Day" of the new season...

Highlight of the Day : An excellent film...

No comments: