Monday, August 01, 2011

Looking for bob...

Playlist
Adams - The Transmigration of Souls
Various – Last 10 Months on Shuffleplay
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Covers
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Acoustic Set 4/6/11
Schumann – Kreisleriana
Schumann – Piano Sonata No 1
Schumann – Various Piano and Chamber Works from the Classical Jukebox

Didn't speak to sister Pam all weekend so gave her a call this morning - she's doing really well and enjoyed a fun-packed weekend...

Went to HMV looking for some Schumann (inspired by last week’s concert at St Martin in the Fields) and ended up nearly (but not) buying The Yardbirds, The Sensational Alex Harvey Band and Explosions in the Sky, while their supply of Schumann was, let’s just say, not great...

Back home, with Anne out at Zumba, instead of rehearsing for upcoming performances, I dug out my Helene Grimaud box set and played in their entirety, the two pieces by Schumann included...

Whilst listening, I read through and looked through my Pocket Guide to the National Gallery...



A very enjoyable early evening...

Meg the Black Cat enjoyed it too...



Tasty baked potatoes for tea upon Anne’s return, then the Monday night staples of “Coronation St”, “University Challenge” (my best night for a long time, I lost count of the number of correct answers I blurted out), “New Tricks” and the last in the series of “Sirens”, which I hope will return...

Then a repeat of “Have I Got News For You” which replaced “Newsnight” due to a strike at the BBC which only proved how overmanned they must be – much better when just one person reads the news instead of handing back and forth to each other...

Learned Elvis Presley's "The Wonder of You" - the first record I ever bought...

A quick update of this whilst purchasing, for just fifteen of your English pounds, a 13CD Box Set of Schumann’s complete piano works, played by Austrian pianist and musicologist Jorg Demus...

So that should arrive sometime this week...

Ended the evening listening to more Schumann – I like it even though my pianistic hero Glenn Gould apparently loathed his entire output for piano, along with the works of both Chopin and Liszt...

Some man...

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : Sirens...

No comments: