Monday, August 15, 2011

Lullaby in ragtime...

Playlist
Roger Waters – Amused to Death
Dream Theater – Black Clouds and Silver Linings
Yes – Close to the Edge
Herman Van Veen – My cat and I
Asia – Asia
Uriah Heep – Sweet Freedom
John Renbourn - John Renbourn
John Renbourn – Another Monday
Danny Kaye/Louis Armstrong etc – The Five Pennies Original Soundtrack

Lovely day but I forgot to take my camera out...

A successful vet visit for The Wee Pie - her blood tests are at last deemed normal and she's off the hook for another two months - so she's now permanently on brain tablets and hyperactivethyroid tablets...

And her wee patch has been re-shaved yet again...

Once again she wasn't knocked out and all the nurses at the practice love her...

It may have been a good omen that today would have been Crispy the Kitten's 27th birthday - unfeasibly old for a cat...

Sister Pam has some tests coming up tomorrow and, hopefully, hers will go as well as Meg the Black Cat's did...

Pam is currently on her fourth cycle of Chemo post the concurrent Radio and Chemo and is doing really well...

She'll be up again in a couple of weeks for our mum's birthday...

At FOPP at lunchtime (walking there and back gives me some much needed exercise - that's my excuse anyway) two more John Renbourn albums acquired today, giving me his first four – this is music I never thought I could like but it’s actually ok...



I’m thinking of starting a 60’s night where the really “important” music of the sixties is played (difficult classical music, wierd improvisational jazz, and obscure folk and singer songwriters) as opposed to the Beatles, Stones, Who, Kinks, Herman’s Hermits, Manfred Mann, Motown etc etc...

Ok, I’ve taken that too far...

18 questions correctly answered on “University Challenge” – tonight’s winners, Durham, absolutely tanked Plymouth 325 to 45...

An interesting, almost “Spooks”-like “New Tricks” also entertained...

Ended the day caught up searching for stuff re “The Five Pennies” thanks to a clip sent to me by chum Moira...

A loose bio-pic on jazz band leader Red Nichols, it was one of my favourite films of my childhood, my dad's soundtrack EP of which was one of the first records I remember hearing...

Danny Kaye – what a talent he was – along with Bob Hope probably my favourite back in the day...

Ended up downloading a crackly transfer from a Spanish version of the complete LP soundtrack, the B side of which seems to have been mispressed with the hole not quite in the centre...

Not to worry – the songs from the EP are all on side one...

Highlight of the Day : Meg doing fine...

No comments: