Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Listing idiot...

Playlist
Various – Natural Progression Vol 1
Steven Lindsay - Kite
Slade – Slade Alive
Slade – Slayed
Slade – Old New Borrowed and Blue
Status Quo – Gold
The Beatles – Sgt Pepper
The Beatles – White Album
Gary Numan – Premier Hits
Chicago – Chicago Transit Authority
10cc – The Best Of

A visit to HMV resulted in three Slade albums entering the collection for less than £10...

I think I used to have "Slade Alive" on vinyl but have never owned either of the others...

For Slade, probably a greatest hits collection would suffice really - and I already have one...

Idiot...

Back home, Meg the Black cat was out and about...

Can you spot her?



...the diggers had continued to prep what was once grass and trees for ugly new houses...



...and the first of a goodly number of e-bay purchases had arrived – the moody “Kite” by Steven Lindsay – nice...

Absolutely nothing on the TV tonight so, post a tasty pasta from Annie, it was upstairs to work on two of the things from the project list – decase-ing self burned CDs and plastic sleeving them thereafter...

Slade soundtracked and Meg helped, kind of - well, she sort of just lay about, not actually doing anything other than providing her presence really...



So, no thanks to the Black Beastie, I am now down to just three piles...



I listened to Volume One of my 20 disc prog rock collection from earlier this year today and this inspired me, using this site, to compile a list of what I call “prog type singles kind of” from the self same period covered by said prog box i.e. "Sgt Pepper" in 1967 to "The Wall" in 1979...

The list runs to 255 singles, from “Strawberry Fields Forever” in February 1967 to “Another Brick in the Wall pt 2” in December 1979, all of them having made at least No 40 on the official UK charts...

What I’ll do with it, goodness knows – probably nothing...

This is how I waste my time...

As mentioned above, idiot...

However, I have noted that from 1967 to 1979 seems an awful lot longer a period of time than from 1999 to 2011...

Time flies eh?

Highlight of the Day : Making a list...

No comments: