Saturday, May 14, 2011

C'mon Moldova - you're bonkers enough to win (erm, no you're too bonkers)...

Ok, tonight, the Exec Producer, Meg the Black Cat and I enjoyed three and a half hours of the Eurovision Song Contest...

I judged each of the twenty five finalists and, in reverse order, here are the results of the Cloudland Blue Jury...

One point goes to...

Ukraine



Two points to...

Denmark



Three points to...

Hungary



Four points to...

Estonia



Five points to...

Sweden




Six points to...

Germany(strange non-Eurovision song which sounded a bit like Girls Aloud - now I remember Lena's strange Lily Allen affectations from last year)...



Seven points to...

United Kingdom



Eight points to...

Spain (what was I thinking??)



Ten points to...

Ireland - Jedward - very funny...



And my winner, with twelve points...

Which was better?

The actual winner (which was sung badly out of tune on the night and so skewed my voting - I had them twelfth with Nil Points (in hindsight I love it)...

Azerbaijan



or - I thought it was just bonkers enough to win - the citizens and "Music Industry Professionals" of Europe (and erm, Israel for some reason) thought otherwise...

Moldova



Italy and Greece (and France) - all unmitigatingly dreadful - but Lithuiania took the biscuit for worst song in the final - some of the 18 other songs which lost out in the semi-finals were much better than many of the no-hopers (see above plus Finland, Bosnia, Switzerland) included in the final...

So, I had Moldova at number one and Azerbaijan twelfth...

I must admit, the non-live version of the winning song is rather good...

On viewing all of the above - I think I'd go for Germany - and Azerbaijan - the public (and, of course the "Music Industry Professionals") are never wrong when it comes to pop music...

Hence the continued success of CBQ...

But that's three and a half hours I'll never get back...

No comments: