Monday, January 11, 2010

Well and truly fused...

Playlist
Mahavishnu Orchestra - Discography
Return to Forever - Discography
Weather Report - Discography
Alice Cooper - Welcome to My Nightmare
Susan Boyle - I Dreamed a Dream
Billy Joel - The River of Dreams
Various - The Bodyguard OST
The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers
Dolly Parton - The Only Dolly Parton Album You'll Ever Need
Return to Forever - Live

Soundtracked by the giants of jazz fusion today...



Back home, post an as usual delicious red thai chicken curry from the Exec Producer, a night in front of the box - "The News", "The One Show", "Coronation St", "University Challenge", "Coronation St" (again), "Law and Order : UK" and taped the first two episodes of "Glee" for future viewing - I am hopeful re this new series...

A bespoke CD was burned for chum Wendy, whose daughter's boyfriend's Grandad died on Friday - three tracks for a funeral, "River of Dreams" for the walk in, "Wild Horses" for the commitment and "I Will Always Love You" for the walk out...

I was tempted to use the Rolling Stones and Dolly Parton instead of Susan Boyle and Whitney Houston - and produced a disc to give that option...

Having compared and contrasted, I must advise that I much prefer Subo's version of "Wild Horses" to the Stones' original - sacrilege I know...

Pallet cleansed by the Coop - inspired by my coffee song "welcome to my coffee, I think you're going to like it, I think you'll find that it is strong"...



...and some more Return to Forever...

Off to bed...

Highlight of the Day : Fusion in the lugs - red thai chicken curry in the belly...

PS Commenter Mr Mitchell advises the mystery bird from yesterday is a Mistle Trush..



This one was pictured in Budapest in 2005 and is taken from this site...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

actually meant a mistle thrush, google pic it

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

I have googled it and it looks like you're right - will add a pic later.

Cheers Mr M