Thursday, January 07, 2010

Aura...

Playlist
Mick Ronson – Slaughter on 10th Avenue
Laura Pausini – Primavera in Anticipo
Planet X - Quantum
Haydn – The Paris Symphonies
Pet Shop Boys - Pet Shop Boys Christmas

Bloody hell, still freeeeeeeezing...

Perhaps it’s the cold weather which is inflicting migraines on me – I had two today, my third and fourth in the last three days...

Thankfully, I don’t suffer any pain or nausea, I merely get what’s known as the “aura” which, in my case, manifests itself by way of a small blind spot in the centre of my vision which gradually gets larger and makes its way to the periphery of my view of the world...

Slightly worrying though, as I normally have only one or two migraines in a year...

Xmas is truly over – here’s the tree from Charlotte Square...



Anne was off to the ballet and post ballet meal this afternoon/evening with chum Debbie – Tchaikovsky’s “The Nutcracker” danced by Scottish Ballet and followed by a coffee at the Black Medicine Company and a tasty curry at the King’s Balti...

Meanwhile, back at Crispycat Towers, I wasn’t up for much tonight and dined on yesterday’s soup and bread once again, whilst watching re-runs of “TV Burp” and “You’ve Been Framed”...

Picked Anne up from the bus stop before retiring to write this, whilst listening to the new Haydn set...

Ended the day with “This Week”...

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : My migraines going away...

2 comments:

Martin Lennon said...

I get these migranes - bloody awful, but I imagine MUCH worse with the pain and nausea. First time I got it I thought I'd had a stroke! I don't much like or trust doctors, but I was grateful for them then, I can tell you.

I usually only get a few, like you - now and then I get several at once, which is scary, but as far as I can tell, it's not too dangerous. I take it as a signal to relax a bit more.

On an entirely different note - do you have a 5.1 system and did you get the Crimson Fripp/Wilson remasters? If you did, what do you think?

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Hi Marty

yes - flashing lights are much better than pain and nausea, if still a little disconcerting!

I have the remasters and they are very good indeed - unfortunately i don't have a 5.1 system but am told that of you do, they are even better than on good old stereo - even via nut cans