Saturday, January 23, 2010

No seat is safe in this constituency...

Playlist
Great Lake Swimmers – Lost Channels
Love Revue – Love Revue
Morrissey – Years of Refusal
The Whitest Boy Alive – Rules
The Olympic Symphonium – More in Sorrow Than In Anger
Alice Peacock – Love Remains
South Central – The Owl of Minerva
Bidiniband – The Land is Wild
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Soundingfall
Kleerup – Kleerup
Eels – Hombre Lobo
Editors - In This Light and On This Evening
Muse – The Resistance
Jason Lytle – Yours Truly, The Commuter
Kristofer Astrom – Sinkadus
DJ Hell – Teufelswerk
Various – Chris’s Mystery Compilation
Biffy Clyro – Only Revolutions
Jill Hepburn – Snowflake
Michiel Borstlap – Gramercy Park
Avishai Cohen Trio – Gently Distorted
Grachan Moncur III – New Africa
Grachan Moncur III – One Morning I Woke Up very Early
Portico Quartet – Knee Deep in the North Sea
Miroslav Vitous – Universal Syncopations
Iron and Wine –Around the Well
Hawkwind – The Charisma Years
Killers – Day and Age
Neil Young – Harvest
Rush - Chronicles

Ah, Saturday again and up early, as ever, at the weekend...

The CDs chosen for Chris's compilation continued to soundtrack while I, in turn, continued on my quest to list all my CDs on the PC...

Of course, whenever I was collecting a batch from the back room to bring through to the computer to add them, there was a good chance Meg the Black Cat would pinch my seat, leaving me with the rather uncomfortable on the bum, Ikea stool...

And so it did indeed come to pass...



After much listing and listening and a late breakfast with Anne, I popped into town to return the discs borrowed some three and a half weeks ago from the library, when we last met up with Dr Prog...

A call to his home to try and elicit a similar meet today was unfortunately fruitless and so, with some classic Jazz in the cans, there were fines a plenty awaiting your tardy correspondent...

However, spending around £5, including the fines, I came away with more goodies - all from the jazz section and featuring works by Avishai Cohen, the great Grachan Moncur the Third and the reasonably new kids on the block, the Portico Quartet...

Last but not least, an ECM disc by Miroslav Vitous, late of Wether Report, which also featured John McLaughlin of Mahavishnu Orchestra and Chick Corea from Return to Forever...

A veritable trident of fusion...

Back home, more listing and listening while both Hearts and Queens took on their respective league leaders, led 1-0 and ended up sharing the points...

Around 6:30, it was time to choose the meal I was to cook tonight...

I opted for Creme Fraiche and Coriander Chicken on a bed of Crushed Potastoes with Parmesan and Pine Nuts...



To Tesco for the ingredients - man, pine nuts are expensive...



As usual, I followed the recipe to a tee...



Well, almost - as I served the dish to Anne, I realised that, although I'd chopped the coriander, I'd forgotten the instruction to add it at the last minute...

This was quickly remedied however and I was forgiven this minor error...



Post dinner (another triumph apparently), the day was ended with more listing of CDs...

I do like a list...

Highlight of the Day : Cooking for Anne...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tinned potatoes? Really David...

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

At least they weren't the "Tesco Value" tinned potatoes..

Hey, cut me some slack, it's early days in my culinary experiments - and it tasted good...

But, ok note taken and, next time, I will use "real" ones if the recipe calls for tatties...

Unknown said...

The finished meal looked lovely!

Hey just to warn you, I suffered fro 'Pine Mouth' for 2 weeks after ingesting a large quantity of pine nuts. It was horrible, as I thought I was on the way out.

Read about it here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1184261/Pine-mouth-puzzle-Why-nuts-leave-bitter-taste.html

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Interesting article Donald - no ill effects at Crispycat Towers though thankfully - I probably didn't use enough - and I forgot to toast them too!!

Tasted ok though

You live and learn and glasd to hear you've recovered