Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Never in one place, roam from town to town...

Playlist
Innerpartysystem – Innerpartysystem
Acoustic Ladyland – Last Chance Disco
Black Sabbath – The Dio Years
Rodrigo – Complete Piano Works
Hersant – Der Wanderer

On the way home tonight, eight days after my last purchase, I wandered into HMV and ended up exiting with two further classical albums...

A two disc set of the complete piano works of Joaquin Rodrigo, which is quite beautiful and, the very much harder going, “Der Wanderer” by French composer (although born in Italy) Philippe Hersant...



I was seduced into buying this second disc by (a) the alluring cover and (b) the presence of viole de gambe, an instrument for which I am a bit of a sucker...

I am listening to Hersant as I type this and it is substantial music which takes some considerable level of concentration – something which, these days, I am finding increasingly difficult to give to anything...



The Exec Producer opined it to be “all right” (as she does with most of the music of which I request her opinion) but that she “wouldn’t chose to listen to it”, declaring it “not very musical” (which can often be a good sign for me)...

Away from music, earlier this evening, a tasty chorizo based pasta dish was enjoyed, as was the first in the so-called “re-boot” of the Batman franchise, “Batman Begins” – I am now looking forward to seeing “The Dark Knight” at some point...

Rodrigo (“that’s not music” – the Exec Producer) ended the day on a lighter note...



Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : Tasty classical...

No comments: