Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Riddley diddley...

Playlist
Happy Apple – Happy Apple Back on Top

To Musselburgh for the afternoon race meeting...



Started very badly with losses amounting to around £25 on the first three races and a net win on the fourth of just £2 for a £6 stake...

However, at that point my luck turned and I was announced as the winner of the prize draw in our room...

£100 of Tote Vouchers – which one of my fellow punters, Mr Spike, purchased from me at face value...

Result...

In the fifth race my horse romped home at 2-1 and returned a profit of £10...

I sat out the sixth, waiting to see how the result would affect my £2 Tote accumulator, placed at the outset...

I had already had 5 of my six chosen horses come home in place and needed “Riddley Diddley” to do the same...

It duly did and I was amazed to find my £2 stake returned over £160...

So, a few pubs on the way home and some rounds bought with my winnings...

The result being of course an almost immediate bout of snoring on the sofa...

Anne managed to wake me for a double bill of “Big Bang Theory” before I staggered off to bed...

A lucrative day...

Highlight of the Day : Winning for a change...

No comments: