Saturday, May 16, 2009

Packed...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Soundingfall
Bat for Lashes – Fur and Gold
Yes – The Ultimate Yes
Ben Folds – Way to Normal

Up early - as always at the weekend...
Breakfast at home and, generally, mucking about on the internet till my mum arrived around 11...
Meg the Black Cat didn't really help out...
Off to Paisley today (without Anne who was off to Tynecastle to watch Hearts take 3rd place in the league and guarantee at least two European games next season)...
It took my mum just a few minutes to start commenting on my driving...
Despite this, we arrived at her old chum Pat's 60 minutes after leaving Crispycat Towers - pretty good going considering the jams on the Glasgow throughway thingy, which I avoided by much lane switching and disobeying of rules of the raod, much to my mum's annoyance - although she was happy to arrive on time...
Who'd be a taxi driver...
A fine and tasty lunch at Pat's and some general chat regarding the row over MP's' expenses...
Then, a look at the street in which I lived as a child - including my old house...
...before heading off to Byre's Road where I had a good trawl through FOPP but bought nothing, then had a look round the rest of the shops on the street...
Found a wee 2nd hand music place in a lane - close to the junk shop pictured below - again nothing bought...
Then on down to the Oxfam shop where I found the dubut by Bat for Lashes for £4 and the new Morrissey LP for £6 - so, a tenner to charity and some music to me - fair dues...
Walked back to the car and popped into FOPP one more time - this time partook of the UK version of "The Ultimate Yes" which has a different track list from the US version I already own (I am mad!) - plus last year's Ben Folds album - tasty...
Arrived back at Pat's around 6, then, a swift drive home - making it in around 50 minutes - mum opined Yes' music to "not have much of a tune"...
A quick turnaround then over to Dunfermline...
...for a birthday drink and a meal with chums Chris (39 on Monday), Graham, Dawn, Fez, Dave, Colleen and, of course Anne...
Four of these people are young enough to be our children...
This was my third meal in Dunfermline in the last year or so and all three restaurants have proved to be excellent both food and value-wise...
Tonight it was Italian and a tasty half portion of lasagne (which looked like a full portion to me) and very hot and spicy pizza made their way into the oversized belly of your correspondent...
Then some wandering around the streets of Dunfermline - packed to the rafters with scantily clad drunken, shouting and swearing young women - I wouldn't want to live round there...
A drink at Cafe Continental then another nearby establishment - then, took Chris and Fez home and arrived back at our own house exactly 13 hours after departing with my mum this morning...
A good, packed day...
Highlight of the Day : Night out, new music etc

No comments: