Friday, May 29, 2009

Shouldering on...

Playlist
Gentle Giant – Acquiring the Tatste
Lou Reed – NY Man
Laura Pausini – Primavera in Anticipo
Various – Compilations Jukebox on Shuffleplay

Another scorcher...



To the Infirmary this morning for the pre op re my shoulder operation due on 9 June...

Interesting art adorns the walls...





Not looking forward to it but there are so many people so much worse off than me it’s something I should take in my stride – that and the fact that I’ve already been through it twice before, here and here...

The man walking away from me in the hospital corridor is the surgeon who will carry out the op, as he did the previous two...



My left shoulder is almost completely sorted and I am hoping this second and final op on the right one will have the same result and perhaps for the first time in over twenty years I can be pain free....

In the evening, we walked down into Corstorphine and tried in vain to find a decent place for a drink...

The Oak was horrible and we left without ordering, the Agenda Hotel, where we did take a drink, was almost as bad – it took nearly 15 minutes just to get the drinks due to lack of staff, obviously the sky high prices are not being reinvested...

Along to the Harp Hotel which was better and cheaper - I’d not been here since around 1980 when I attended a gig by old chums the Pure Bears...

The evening out was brought to a close at Abida, the new Indian restaurant in the building which used to house Oddbins, for a very tasty meal accompanied by a cheeky bottle of red...

We wended our weary way back up the hill in time to watch “Law & Order:Criminal Intent” and The Killers on Jonathon Ross, after which I foolishly stayed up to watch “Starship Troopers” a strange adaptation of the Robert Heinlein classic...

Highlight of the Day : Indian...

No comments: