Monday, March 31, 2008

Evening star...

Playlist
Rheostatics – Static Journey Vol 9
Fehlfarben - Discography
Mott the Hoople – Mott
Ferry Corsten – Mixmag 0306
Mark Ronson – Version
King Creosote – Bombshell
King Creosote – KC Rules OK
Fripp & Eno – The Equatorial Stars

Took a wee while to get going tonight – didn’t really know what I wanted to do...

So, after tea, I did the dishes then, while Anne enjoyed Corrie, I retired upstairs and printed off the most up to date list of my CDs which I have – it excludes all compilations, live and classical CDs – i.e. it’s actual albums only – trouble is it only goes up to page 66 of the famous Red Book – there are 66 CDs per page and I’m now at page 84, so that’s quite a bit of catching up to do, over 1,000 CDs...

So I didn’t start that tonight...

Instead, I put my prejudices aside and listened to Mark Ronson’s “Version” LP and found it to be rather good, as was also the case with the two King Creosote albums which James Jamieson lent me almost a month ago and which have sat unopened on the computer table ever since...

Late on, “Curb Your Enthusiasm” returned out of nowhere and Larry David’s exploits provided my highlight of the day...

Then I finally got round to buying Fripp & Eno’s “Beyond Even”...



...and Robert Fripp’s “At the End of Time”...



...spurred on by a visit to Amazon to buy the first series of “Primeval” on DVD for nephew Ollie’s upcoming birthday and a guidebook for a trip later in the year...

However, I supported the artists concerned (and saved 50p or so) by buying direct from Fripp’s website, DGM (and got the 2CD version of the Fripp & Eno, now unavailable on Amazon)....

Just for good measure, here's a signed copy of their 1975 classic, "Evening Star"...



Now the wait...

Highlight of the Day : The unannounced return of “Curb Your Enthusiasm”...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.dgmlive.com/diaries.htm?entry=10041

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

I am honoured that Mr Fripp has perused my blog. I am embarrassed that he has pointed out (on his blog) that it is not his signature which graces the cover of Evening Star - of course, if I were being pedantic, I'd point out that I didn't say the signature was his, merely that it was a signed copy...

I don't actually have this "signed" copy, it's a pic I downloaded a while ago from the net...