Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Dylan the dog...

Playlist
Various Composers – Classical Jukebox on Shuffleplay
Beethoven – Complete String Quartets
Various – The Wire Tapper 19
J S Bach – The Art of Fugue (Arrangement for String Quartet)

And so I returned once again to the hall in which I broke my ankle 28 months ago....

As I’d been selected to play in the “lights” team, I took the opportunity to wear the Queen of the South away strip I bought recently on e-bay – with its rather flattering exhibition of my man boobs and belly...

Said ankle has been giving me a bit gyp over the last couple of days but I thought I could run it off – I was wrong, despite the fact I managed to score a couple of goals, even one with the damaged left foot, I spent the majority of the game either limping ineffectually around the pitch or in goals...

To cap it all, half way through the game I also managed to injure the big toe on my right foot – the one for which I’ve been visiting a podiatrist regularly for around three years...

A miserable night which followed a miserable day...

Meg the Black Cat’s ex-mum Julia’s fluffy dog Dylan had to have an operation today and the wee man died on the operating table...

Julia is devastated as you might imagine and my heart goes out to her – Dylan was a true man’s best friend kind of dog and we’ll miss his big galumphing presence when we visit to take Meg the Black Cat on her holidays...

And no doubt Meg will miss him too on her visits to Armadale...

Now Meg’s the only survivor of Julia’s original three musketeers, Dylan the dog and Pandy the Fluffy Cat having gone the way of us all...



A sad day...

Lowlight of the Day : Dylan the dog

No comments: