Saturday, March 29, 2008

Crinkley Mr Crinkles...

Playlist
David Reilly – Anthology Vol 2 1986-1989
Various – Blue Note Compilations
Rheostatics – Making Progress (1 CD-R Best of)

Oh dear – up at 4:22 am, unable to sleep...

So, by 8am I had:

Checked all of Queen of the South’s finishing positions in the Scottish Leagues since season 1959/60...

Tried unsuccessfully to renew my domain name registration for Crispycat...

Sent out the latest Crispycat Newsletter my, ahem, fanbase...

Updated the Crispycat website re this month’s two new releases...

Uploaded more tracks the the Crispycat Free MP3 Download Library – there are now almost sixty tracks available...

Ripped half of all the Blue Note compilations I have and uploaded them onto the Jazz Jukebox...

Then, breakfast, as we enjoyed one of the Blue Note discs before heading out to the podiatrist, who took care of the big toe scenario which happened during my latest attempt to return to five-a-sides...

She advised that I ought not to play again for some time, probably a few months – it could take up to ten months for my foot to be properly healed...

Maybe it’s time to give up on playing...

I took a bus uptown and walked back to Princes St from Newington, visiting all the record shops on the way but buying nothing...

What I did notice though was how run down things are these days...

My ultimate destination was, of course, FOPP, where I picked up Tony Visconti’s autobiography for just £2 and a 10 disc box of Dizzy Gillespie for £8...

Took the airport bus home, by which time Anne had gone to Tynecastle (Hearts 1 Dundee Utd 0) where I listened to Mr Gillespie while monitoring the football (Queens could only manage a 0-0 draw against lowly Morton)...

I started a new project (to go o the list with all the others I’ve not finished yet) to remove all single artist compilations and live CDs from my main rock & pop A-Z....

In the evening it was off to IT Guru Martin and his lovely wife Michelle’s place for a tasty meal of home made carrot & orange soup, followed by home made fish cakes and roasted vegetables...

Highlight of the night was meeting their four pet rats, of whom Mr Horace Crinkles (seen here on the right) was my favourite...



As we were leaving around five hours later, Michelle suddenly realised she’d forgotten to serve the dessert she’d prepared...

As you might gather, after my early start, I was extremely tired by the time we got home at 1:30 am (which was about to become 2:30 am in the blink of an eye)...

A good day...

Highlight of the Day : Meeting Mr Crinkles

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr Crinkles is a dirty rat!

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Aw, that's a shame for Mr Crinkles...

I have to say I don't particularly like the rats' tails but, all in all, they seem like nice wee beasties...