Thursday, March 06, 2008

One, two, three...

Playlist
Rheostatics - Melville
Rheostatics – Whale Music
Rheostatics – Introducing Happiness
Rheostatics – The Blue Hysteria
Rheostatics – Night of the Shooting Stars
Various – Classical Jukebox
The Lindsays – The Art of the Lindsays (Box Set)
Various – Hit Singles of 1972
Herbie Hancock – The Complete Blue Note Sixties Sessions

No record shops today at lunchtime as I had to head out to Roseburn to the Post Office Depot to pick up my third Creative Jukebox, which suffered an attempted delivery yesterday morning...



IT Guru, Martin, the man who, three years ago almost to the day, created our PC, is trying to get me to agree to replace one of my 30GB hard drives with a brand new 120GB hard drive – he assures me it’ll work inside the jukebox...

I’ll probably do it one day – possibly even to all three Jukeboxes – but not right now...

Back home, I unpacked the seven socket USB 2.0 Hub I purchased in December and which has been gathering dust since...

I rigged up permanent connections to the PC for the three jukeboxes and the camera and also routed the external drive through the hub...

Then I transferred all my classical music from Jukebox 2 to Jukebox 3 and spent some time listening to some excellent string quartets performed by the Lindsays, followed by some pop from 1972 and some classic jazz from Mr Herbie Hancock...

I’ve calculated I now have enough space across the three Jukeboxes to carry around over 2,000 hours of music, enough to fill 250 eight hour days...

All told, at present I have 1,260 hours uploaded...

I am quite mad...

This week’s “Ashes to Ashes” was postponed due to the Rangers game, which Anne watched, the Hun beating Werder Bremen 2-0 due to a couple of horrendous goalkeeping gaffes...

Later on we watched "The Big Bang Theory" and then last week’s “Ashes to Ashes” on tape – the best so far and the story’s at last starting to take shape...

Finished the day with “This Week”...

Highlight of the Day : Jukebox No 3

No comments: