Friday, March 28, 2008

Chick chicky chick chicky chicky...

Playlist
Various – Jukebox Shuffleplay
Sonny Rollins - Volume One
John McLaughlin - The Heart of Things
Larry Coryell - Fallen Angel
Fiona Apple - Extraordinary Machine
MFSB - MFSB
The Killers - Sawdust
Sigur Ros - Hvarf-Heim
Leonard Cohen - Recent Songs
Various - Blue Note Plays Billie Holiday
Various - Blue Note Plays Gershwin

A wee party tonight at the premises of “The Man” with colleagues Anne C, Stacey, Gillian, Caroline, Wendy, Tracey, Michelle, Claire, Barry, Gary, Kris and Gavin...

We all paid £10 and bought in enough drink and food to sink a battleship...

I had my old “why I became a vegetarian” thought about the amount of food that was destined for the bin – in particular five or six full chicken legs – I imagined the chickens and, even though they would never know, the fact that, as far as their legs went, they had been killed in vain, since no one actually ate their legs...

Singstar was on the menu and I attempted Gloria Gaynor’s “I Will Survive” and Queen’s “Radio Ga Ga”...

I left them all to it around 8:30 and was back home with Anne just after nine, unusually, none the worse for wear, managing to watch “Benidorm”, “Teenage Kicks” (promising new sitcom from Ade Edmondson)...



...“Al Murray’s Happy Hour” and “The Passions of Girls Aloud”...

Highlight of the Day : Teenage Kicks

No comments: