Tuesday, April 01, 2008

All that jazz...

Playlist
Various – Top 200 Jazz Albums (Shuffleplay)

Spent much of today listening to jazz...

On Googling “best jazz albums ever” I found this site, a great resource for anyone wanting to get into jazz but who doesn’t know where to start...

On perusing their list of the top 200 jazz albums of all time, where the number one is Miles Davis’ “Kind of Blue”...

…I found I had almost 60 of them, with around 40 already present on the Jazz Jukebox – and so a new playlist was born...

By comparison, I have only 10 or so of the top 100 contemporary album list...

The evening was spent ripping and uploading All Time Top 200 CDs I have which aren’t already on the jukebox, whilst continuing to listen on shuffleplay, to those I’ve already uploaded...

I also compiled a shopping list of albums from the list, some of which I was surprised to find I don’t already own…

As with all my “projects" though, no doubt this will peter out to nothing…

Whilst doing this, I monitored the Livingston v Queen of the South score. Livi scored after 85 minutes – a controversial goal by all accounts, the aftermath of which saw Queens’ manager sent to the stand for his complaints...

We had thought about going along tonight but the weather was awful – so, instead, I have vowed to travel to Stirling on Saturday to watch the mighty Queens hopefully beat bottom of the table Stirling Albion...

On telly, a taped “CSI : New York” from February and tonight’s excellent as ever episode of “Law & Order : Criminal Intent”...

Highlight of the Day : Brilliant uplifting jazz musicianship...

No comments: