Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Blunder...

Playlist
The Lindsays – Mozart Dissonance String Quartet in C
The Lindsays –Haydn – String Quartet Op64 No 6
The Lindsays – Mendelssohn String Quartet No 6
Wayne Shorter – Speak No Evil
Horace Silver – Song For My Father

Entertained by some superb string quartets from the box set “The Art of the Lindsays”...

Went to HMV at lunchtime armed with my list of all time best jazz CDs and purchased two - Wayne Shorter’s “Speak No Evil”....



...which I was convinced I already had when I first looked at the list on the net – and Horace Silver’s “Song For My Father” of which I was convinced I would already have every track on the Blue Note 4D Retrospective which is in my collection – turns out I have only a couple of the tracks already...

Two top class recordings, coincidentally both released in 1964...

In the evening I forewent this month’s “Secret CDs” to watch the final episode of “Torchwood” – only to remember at 9pm that its slot has been change to a Friday so decided to watch “Reaper” instead, only to find it was a repeat so, ended up watching an edition of “Grand Designs” – always amazing to see a hole in the ground turn into a wonderful building – this week a superb, modern bungalow with all mod cons – I’d take it for £200k no problem – though I could never have built it...

“Desperate Housewives”, which is rubbish of course, entertained thereafter then tonight’s episode of current best comedy on the box, “The Big Bang Theory” on tape...

Highlight of the Day : String quartets

No comments: