Thursday, April 17, 2008

Old...

Playlist
Neu! - Neu! 75
Bob Dylan - Modern Times
Black Mountain - In the Future

Popped along to the football tonight, as it was the last night of long time player Dom, who's off to London in a week or so for a new life...

It was freezing - I didn't play of course, just watched - and we all stood around drinking beer after the game and reminiscing...

I discovered Dom and I share the affliction of sore big toes due to them having been mashed at some point in the past - I reckoned mine was done in for the first time around 15 years ago - before anyone of the young whipper-snappers attending tonight had ever played a game in these fives which have been going now since the early eighties...

When I got home, I realised it was actually 1988 - I know this because I consulted the red book of CDs to see when I first bought Yes' "90125" on CD, as it was that same day of the first great toe-destruction...

Twenty years - what an old bugger I am...

Anne was out with Lynn tonight a-pizza-ing so I headed home and awaited the call whilst listening to Bob Dylan and Black Mountain having partaken of more Neu! during the day...

Old, old , old....



Highlight of the Day : Hanging with the football boys...

No comments: