Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Blue dress and heroes...

Playlist
Neal Morse - Sola Scriptura
Neal Morse -?
Neal Morse –One
Depeche Mode – Violator

Listening today comprised mainly the collected works of Neal Morse, following the purchase of his latest yesterday...

He is, of course, a rampant born-again Christian and his lyrics reflect this in no uncertain terms...

So this might strike you as being a bit strange – an atheist enjoying music about Jesus – but the music really is very good indeed and, as I opined here not long ago, some of the best music ever written, was created in the name of religion – so I suppose it’s not all bad...

Also on the playlist was Depeche Mode’s “Violator”, burnt for me by my colleague Caroline - it contains one of her all time favourite tracks, “Blue Dress”...



Very enjoyable...

When she first mentioned the album, I thought I already had it but, on checking, I found I didn’t – so she decided to fill this particular Mode shaped gap in the collection...

Much of the evening was spent in front of the telly – the first of the new series of “Heroes” (on tape), the increasingly desperate “Desperate Housewives” and the very funny “Big Bang Theory”...

An uneventful day...

Highlight of the Day : New “Heroes” – even though it was pretty rubbish really

No comments: