Friday, February 15, 2008

A wee bit jazzy...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Souvenir XIII 01 03 07
Weather Report – Black Market
Return to Forever – Where Have I Known You Before
Mahavishnu Orchestra – Visions of the Emerald Beyond
Miles Davis – In A Silent Way
Dexter Gordon – One Flight Up
Wes Montgomery – Finest Hour

Dug out and listened to my set from last March at Out of the Bedroom, which I played with a backing track and Jamie on guitar and nephew Andy on piano/keys – funny to hear how different the songs are from the final versions on Ersatzreal...

During the day, three classics of the jazz-fusion era on the headphones...

Didn’t rehearse tonight and also didn’t make it along to OOTB Soundman Extraordinaire David O’Hara’s 30th Birthday Bash...

Over the last week I’ve been nursing more of my almost permanent flu like conditions and, today, I developed a bugger of a sore throat...

So I stayed in tonight, in front of the fire watching TV – firstly, Coronation St, although I had my headphones on, listening to and reading about Miles Davis, as the game Northerners went about their convoluted business...

The Davis album I enjoyed, features future members of Weather Report (Joe Zawinul), Return to Forever (Chick Corea) and Mahavishnu Orchestra (John McLaughlin), whose albums I'd enjoyed earlier in the day...

Then, “Moving Wallpaper/Echo Beach” and “Al Murray”...

Finished the day with Dexter Gordon followed by the guitaring genius of Mr Montgomery – tasty...



Highlight of the Day : Excellent Jazz

No comments: