Monday, February 04, 2008

Bassist on call...

Playlist
Various - Jazz & Classical Jukebox Shuffleplay
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Ersatzreal
James Jamieson - Precious : Revised Edition
Manfredini - Concerti Grossi, Op 3

The Coop's 60th birthday today...

And here he is in his 1973 Billion Dollar Babies Tour prime....



I love this picture and I'm pretty sure I had a huge poster of it on my bedroom wall - in fact the entirety of all four bedroom walls and the door were covered in pictures of, or articles on, the Alice Cooper Group from 1972 onwards, with just one small corner set aside for Cockney Rebel from 1974...

Surprisingly, I didn't play any Coop stuff today - but I know it all outside in...

Unlike the music of Mr James Jamieson - which is a shame because, today, his bass player advised he wouldn't be able to make Wednesday's gig and so Jamie roped me in to play alongside him once again...

I have just two days to get to grips with the eight songs he's playing - and at a time when I've not played the bass for eighteen months (in fact since the last time I played for Jamie) or the guitar for five months...

All eight songs are on his revamped LP though...



...and he popped by to help me out tonight. We soon had everything under control. Tomorrow night he's rehearsing with his percussionist but I won't be - so the first time we play together will be at the gig...

After Jamie left, we enjoyed another superb episode of "Curb Your Enthusiasm" which, once again, featured the Funkhouser, this time with Larry stealing stuff from the FH's dead mother's roadside shrine...

A good end to a surprising day...

Remember the Coop...

Highlight of the Day : Back in Jamie's band...

No comments: