Thursday, February 07, 2008

Taking a tumble...

Playlist
Lee Morgan - City Lights
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Ersatzreal
Francis Dunnery - Welcome to the Wild Country
Lindsay Sugden & The Storm - Same

A football challenge tonight, populated by my colleagues from the offices of "The Man" - the losers were to pay for the hire of the pitch and lunch and drinks tomorrow...

So, everything to play for - as they say...

Within 10 minutes, my team were 6-0 down and it was never going to get any easier for us - outplayed, with chum Spike, one year older than me and second oldest on the pitch, being outstanding, probably scoring around 15 goals on his own...

Over the course of the one hour of allotted time, we were trounced something like 26-14 - yes it really was that bad...

And I'd worn my replica QoS football top to try and bring some luck to my performance...



This isn't the actual one - mine is a lot naffer and at least three sizes too big for me...

Although I managed to score a hat-trick (and ahem, miss a penalty), I was totally out of condition, having had no exercise whatsoever since my last two brief outings last September, which, in turn, were my first games since breaking my ankle in November '05...

To make matters worse, towards the end of the game, as I headed towards goal to attempt a deadly finish, I was cruelly hacked down from behind and landed smack-bang on the injured shoulder - owyah! - so far no long term effects and just a grazed arm to show for it - I didn't even get a foul...

And so I am now ready to resume playing and intend to rejoin the old regulars for their Wednesday game as soon as possible...

Pre-match I attended physio and have wangled a free gym membership again which will start in two weeks time and lasts for ten...

Movement on the shoulder is almost back to normal though speed of movement remains problematic due to the pain factor - a factor which will be present for a good few months yet - and which has been increased slightly by tonight's tumble...

After the footie and a soothing shower, some TV in the form of "Reaper"...

Gave up on "Question Time" though and headed for bed early...

Highlight of the Day : Back on the pitch

No comments: