Sunday, February 24, 2008

New old stuff...

Playlist
Various- The Hits of 1972 Vols 1-3 (CD-Rs)
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Souvenir XVI
Alice Cooper – Demos 1968-1973

Up at 8 despite last night’s late night...

Whilst researching pictures for the “1972 Project”, I narrowed my search to 1972 Alice Cooper and stumbled across a download of demos from 1968-1973 by the original band....



What a find for someone like me – the quality is really pretty good, although only one of the tracks, “Call It Evil”, a demo from the Billion Dollar Babies writing sessions, made it on to the 1999 box set, “The Life and Crimes of Alice Cooper”...

I also found a great site with scans of old magazine articles on Uriah Heep...

OK, ok, anyhoo, in amongst all of this, I finished off the 3 disc project of hit singles from 1972 – and lo, it is good...

An e-mail earlier in the week from my old (young) mucker, Stu Cobley, photographer extraordinaire and member of the world’s laziest electronic improvisational quartet, Creek, came with this superb picture of Ian Hunter at the gig I missed last Tuesday due to ex-London fatigue...



At 12 Anne finally surfaced and I was despatched to the shop for provisions...

Post brunch, Anne watched Celtic play St Mirren while I did some more stuff on the computer related to the upcoming 30 minute performance...

As usual I am taking things far too seriously...

Anne realised late afternoon that tomorrow is the birthday of our nephew Andy as well as being sister-in-law Jane’s wedding anniversary – so she went off to the shops to locate suitable greetings cards, along with some wine for her sister – like most young men, Andy prefers Geld to stuff...

While Anne was gone, I ran through the set but without bothering to sing...

Anne’s mum’s for tea and Kitty was as cute and Ollie as annoying as ever...

Back home to end the day with yet more gig-related computing followed by “Match of the Day 2” then bed...

Highlight of the Day : “New” old Alice Cooper music

No comments: