Saturday, February 16, 2008

Falling stones...

Playlist
David Reilly – Anthology Vol 1 1977-1986
David Reilly – Anthology Vol 2 1986-1989
Mozart – An Introduction to the Complete Mozart Edition
David Reilly – Anthology Vol 3 1990-1993
David Reilly – Anthology Vol 4 1993-1994
David Reilly – Anthology Vol 5 1994-1995

Weighed myself this morning for the first time in a while (you really oughtn’t do it too often) and, to my satisfaction, I have shed some more pounds...

I’m still a good few stones overweight though of course but I’ve changed the way I think about food...

Four rules:-

Only eat when you’re hungry
Eat slowly and savour every mouthful
Stop when you’re full
Only eat things you enjoy*
*of course I can’t really do this as I need to keep my cholesterol down much as I’d enjoy eating cream cakes and real butter instead of some cholesterol lowering spread stuff...

Working again on the covers for the long proposed Anthology set...

In a display of what some might term huge hubris, I now intend to release one disc per month between now and the end of the year and I’ve finalised the covers for the first two volumes...

After breakfast, out with Anne to buy some clothes and shoes for your correspondent...

Chelsea boots, pointy shoes, a nice blue jersey, a casual waterproof jacket, a wee black hat, seven pairs of socks and four shirts made their way into CBQ’s wardrobe – replacing some of the more tatty objects which have filled said edifice over the years...

Whilst driving around listening to Mozart, we discussed my recent massive intake of CDs and agreed something must be done...

I suggested I might take a bag of CDs I already own with me whenever I venture into town to avoid having to buy any more...

To my surprise, Anne advised I apparently used to do this with LPs in the old days to try and curb my buying then...

I have no recollection of this whatsoever – but I can believe it...

Abandoning an attempted car wash due to inordinate queues, we headed to Tesco on the way back to Crispycat Towers and I purchased the ingredients for a Tuscan Bean Soup in the recipe book I bought this week...

Back home, I succeeded in making the soup, the ingredients for which comprised chopped tomatoes, water, savoy cabbage, cannelini beans, salt, pepper and olive oil – it couldn't go wrong...

And it didn't, turning out tasty...

After lunch, I donned my new jersey, jacket, boots and hat and we set out for a wee walk around the neighbourhood (surprisingly at my own instigation)...

We ended up at the Corstorphine Hill cemetery, which I last visited back in September ’06...

Lovely and peaceful...



Many of the headstones have been knocked over – apparently by the council – get this – in case they fall on someone and injure them...



Madness...

Anne wants to be buried in a cardboard box under a freshly planted tree – but only as long as I’ve made absolutely sure she’s dead – and she doesn’t want any of that “religious bollocks” at her funeral...

Noted...

Back home, whilst trying to find when I was last at the cemetery, I ended up reading my blog for September 2006, including our holiday in Como – it brought it all back and that’s exactly why I write this – it’s my diary so I can remember what I’ve been up to in my life, however trivial the drivel...

Of course that doesn’t explain why I publish it on the world wide web...

Perhaps on my headstone I ought to have http://www.crispycat-recordings.blogspot.com/ engraved...

Another win for Queens today 3-1 at home to bottom club Stirling Albion. All to no avail though as St Johnstone also won, beating top of the table Hamilton Academical...

Hearts lost 3-0 away at Celtic Park – our nephew Craig wrote the match report for the Hearts website...

In the evening Anne was off out for a meal and some drinks with best friend Lynn and Lynn’s sisters and friends, leaving me to watch “Primeval” and then muck about on the computer...

I put together an 80 minute live set backing track, which will probably never be used in a public performance, but which put me through my paces...

A call from Anne around midnight and I got the taxi out of the garage, sped into town, picked her and Lynn up and delivered them both safely home...

A good day...

Highlight of the Day : New clothes...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Perhaps on my headstone I ought to have http://www.crispycat-recordings.blogspot.com/ engraved..."

That made me chuckle - great idea though! I'd worry if we still got updates afterwards...

impossible songs said...

Like the rules about eating, we're very legalistic as you know. As for an impossible songs anthology, not sure we have the depth, I'm still hoping for a greatest hits but if you feel a creative and editorial urge please go ahead - we'll market it.