Thursday, February 14, 2008

Reaching parts...

Playlist
Uriah Heep - Sonic Origami
Heinichen - Concerti Grandi
Heinichen - Dresden Concerti
Elgar - Symphony No 1

Back to HMV at lunchtime today and, having checked the title of the Heinichen disc I bought at a market in France last year or the year before (we go on so many trips!), I splashed out on a new 2CD set of his "Dresden Concerti", which I spotted yesterday, reduced from £15 down to £8...

I also bought the Elgar box I came across yesterday, down from £26 to £8, which includes 5CDs...

I arrived home only to discover that all seven pieces on the previous Heinichen disc are included in the new set...

The music's great though and eight of the fifteen pieces are new to me...

Listened to this whilst watching Aberdeen draw 2-2 with Bayern Munchen and whilst partaking of Anne's excellent and very tasty Red Thai Curry....

Meanwhile, from e-bay, not another CD - a Queen of the South football top, which is not the most flattering of garments when worn over my 48 year old body - and as for the amount of static electricity created...

I shall wear it with pride, man boobs on full display, when I return to the fray...

Ran through my live set again before watching "Ashes to Ashes", which, unfortunately, is clearly nowhere near as good as "Life on Mars"...

Of course, I'll continue to watch....

Then a great new US sitcom on Channel 4, "The Big Bang Theory" - the lead male was familiar to me but I couldn't quite place him - a little research on the net and I find he was Rosanne Barr's son-in-law, David, in "Roseanne"...



That's him with the specs...

Gave up on the inane ramblings of "Question Time", wrote this, then went to bed with the sounds of Mr Elgar in my ears and an invite from fellow Creekster Stu Cobley to join him at the upcoming Ian Hunter gig next Tuesday - he is taking photos for a newspaper...

Ah, Mott the Hoople - what a band...

Highlight of the Day : Anne's Thai Red Curry

No comments: