Friday, October 07, 2005

Procrastination...

Good news - nothing too seriously wrong with Meg the Black Cat - she needs to lay off the dried food and has had a whacking great £30 odd injection of antibiotics and steroids to get her quickly back to normal...

I am a procrastinator...


Do I have a fear of finishing the job?

This evening I fired up the computer and loaded up various tracks into various programmes but, frankly, I was overwhelmed by the amount of work I have to do to produce anything of any import...

This has to do with my decision to totally re-record my latest song based album from scratch...

It's daunting to think of having to go back through all the songs and try and load up and sync or completely redo all the different parts currently sitting in what are probably quite fine (but recorded in a less able to be manipulated format) backing tracks which, at present just need lead and backing vocals added....

But I do need to do this....

I think...

So I ordered an Indian Takaway instead and watched Coronation Street then compiled the "Now That's What I Call A Good Album...August" and "Now That's What I Call A Good Album...September" CDs - one track from each of my top ten CDs acquired in those months (see them all here: http://www.monthlytoptenalbums.blogspot.com/)....

Then I watched some more TV whilst listening back to the CDs....

Rock School with Gene Simmons was good...

I should have been working but basically wasted my time...

I am a procrastinator...

Before going to bed I took a few badly lit shots of all the stuff (including a newly-well-again Meg the Black Cat) lying around in the back room....

I need to get down to things tomorrow...(procrastinator's motto)

3 comments:

Sid Smith said...

I well recognise the symptoms. I am the author of a thousand unfinished articles etc. Doesn't it go in cycles with you? Aren't there times when it all goes to plan? And then it's like wandering into a wilderness of doubt and indecision. Or at least it is for me.

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

There seems never to be a time when things go according to plan - though I suppose in reality there must be and it just seems as if there isn't...

I've spent all day today trying to get the multitracking on my computer to work but to no avail - while it's hardly a catastrophe in world terms, it's very, very annoying...

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

And a few minutes later my mood is lifted as, after making my way intot the gubbins of the machine I have solved the problem - tomorrow is a new day...