Saturday, October 12, 2024

Working on the third of three, so far...

Playlist
Various - The Impulse Years
Various - In & Out
Various - Cat Nappin'
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Glam! III (Demos)
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Semi-Automatic
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Doveloveshawk (2024 Remaster)
Field Music - Limits of Language
The Cure - A Fragile Thing
Sergio Armaroli - AboutCage 9: Structuring the Silence: The Garden | Four6
RÜFÜS DU SOL - Inhale / Exhale
Laurie Anderson - Amelia
Public Service Broadcasting - The Last Flight
Cloudland Blue Quartet - GLAM!
Cloudland Blue Quartet - GLAM! #2

Up at what has become "the usual time"...


Wrote this and listened to a few, of the few, of my Dad's CDs which, I forgot to mention yesterday, I finally brought here after letting them languish at Loanhead since 29 June 2003...


And the as yet unreleased 2024 remaster of CBQ's "Doveloveshawk" - some great songs indeed on that LP, if I say so myself - which I do...

Out for breakfast down the road at the "ex-public toilet" place - unpictured top coffee and avocado on toast for Anne and a tuna melt for your correspondent...

We got the bus back up as it was pelting down with rain...

Finally got round to starting to add my CD collection to Discogs...

6 boxes so far, 119 titles, all classical, of which 25 have no recorded value on the site - doesn't mean they're worthless, only that no one has ever sold them there...

And there were a further 6 not on their database at all...

Mid Value of the 119, including 25 at zero, is £460 - which projects overall value to around £57,500…

Not bad…

High Value projects to around £100,000…

Of course, I’ll never get high value - but nice to know…

I imagine the final tally will be much higher, once I add in jazz, rock & pop, box sets etc.  For example, I have an Alice Cooper box set worth around £400 on its own...

And then there's my vinyl collection...

And my 7" singles...

Hmmm, this is going to be a long project...

Discussions with the organisers of the festival I'm playing at on November 9...

Trying to sort out a few logistics - hopefully they get moving on that on Monday...

Was up in the attic - thinking about how to present the one-off CDs at the Merch stall in Whitby...

Hmmm...


I still have quite a lot of rehearsing, recording and compiling & designing of said CDs to do over the next just under 4 weeks...

Hmmm...

Collected together all my albums on Bandcamp to a playlist, adding the eight I have ready for the future (six to be recorded and put together still)...


Some "Breeders" at late lunch time...

Anne's Pickel-Ball cancelled but she's being prioritised for the next one due to the botch up...

Late afternoon, working on "GLAM! III" - sourcing the lyrics for the songs in the long-list which I've never sung before...

In the evening, music listening, while "Strictly " was on the TV and Croatia v Scotland (another close loss 2-1, after leading - late goal did for them, late own goal for them chalked off) was on Anne's iPad...

Amelia Earhart is in vogue it seems, with two new LPs, Laurie Anderson and Public Service Broadcasting, both written around her fateful attempted round the world flight...

Enjoyed both of those tonight - the 2 would fit on one CD...

"Have I Got News For You" was somehow funnier than usual...

Followed by several more "Breeders" - we are almost at the end of Season 2...

Listening to "GLAM!" and "GLAM! #2" tonight too...

Hopefully "III" will be up to the standards...

Lights out...


Highlight of the Day : Out for breakfast with Anne...

Today's New Music:-

No comments: