Thursday, February 15, 2024

The not so little match boy...

Playlist
The American Analog Set - For Forever
Grossstadtgeflüster - DAS ÜBER-ICKE
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Providence
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Vanilla Receiver
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Front Porch (CBQ Version)
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Two Two One Zero
Yellowcard & Hammock - A Hopeful Sign
Dwiki Gharmawan - So Far So Close
The American Analog Set - New Drifters
Codeine - Dessau
Back Door - Back Door
Rick Wakeman - Two Sides of Yes
Rick Wakeman - Piano Odyssey
Rick Wakeman - Piano Portraits
Grossstadtgeflüster - Fickt-Euch-Allee EP
Albert Newton - Twin Earth
Mick Ronson - Slaughter on 10th Avenue

Up, knowing there were things to do...

Hey?


That's better...


The laptop is becoming more reliable...


It's clear from this that restarting and shutting down last thing rather than putting to sleep, while a bit of a pain, is the way forward...


At lunch time today, we will be half way through February already...


This morning I was to be meeting up with chums Raymond and Bernie for coffee - but I had to wait in re phonecalls re my mum...

Called the place I was to call at 9am - closed today due to unforeseen circumstances - called the hospital - not really interested as mum no longer under their care - but they had questions to answer about (a) sending her home without necessary items which ought to have been with her and (b) the godawful OT assessment which was done which has left the carers with not enough time to deal with my mum properly which means she's now stuck in a bed 24 hours a day...

Advice? Call the GP...

I said Hospital at Home had advised that they were currently mum's "GP" till she was discharged from their care...

Hospital insisted, GP...

So, I called, explained everything...

Was told to wait for a call back...

Meanwhile, Anne was away seeing to her mum re The Murrayfield Club - making sure she got on the bus...

Very nicely, R&B popped by the house just after Anne got home and they had brought scones...

Good, unpictured, chat around the table...

Tasty scones and lashings of coffee...

Top...

Then, on their departure, out and to Tesco in search of matches - I'd checked online, they sell boxes of Swan Vesta for 40p each...

However they were nowhere to be seen on the shelves, just massive expensive boxes - I needed a lot of boxes!

So, back into the car to another Tesco - same scenario...

I thought about what very cheap products I could buy which would leave me with small cardboard boxes...

Paracetamol or Aspirin...

Found the shelf - started piling the boxes up - a passing staff member advised I would only be able to buy two...

Hmmm...

I asked about the matches - she advised the Swan Vesta were at the tobacco counter...

Aha...

Quizzical looks from the queue behind me, as I purchased 13 boxes...


Back in the car and over to my mum's...

Just as I arrived - a very positive call with the physio/OT team fully understanding my mum's predicament and how the previous assessment has impacted on her care massively negatively...

I thought this call had been instigated by the GP but, no, it was down to a request I'd made possibly a week ago...

A call did eventually come back from the GP - sorry can't do anything, Hospital this morning were completely wrong (yet again)...

Contact Hospital At Home was the advice from the GP...

Fucksake...

Sister Sheila's notes are obviously being taken in by the carers...


Hmmm...

...but they did get her soup right...


Progress...

While I was there, welcome visits from chums Linda and Janette, while I got cracking on re-doing my mum's pills into boxes she could easily open - the matchboxes...



Twenty tablets a day all in all...


It took an age as some of the boxes were missing and I had no way of IDing the tablets from them so had to look up codes on the pills on the net...

Eventually it was done...

Pre-packed blister packs, which the carers will be allowed to use, should be arriving from Monday - of course that should have been put in place by the hopeless hospital pre discharge but they are hopeless...

To the chemist for required stuff - which, as noted above, ought to already be being automatically supplied...

Did I mention the hospital she was in have cocked up situation after situation?

Utter shambles...


On my arrival back at the house, Hospital at Home rolled up - turned out mum had received an injury on her leg this morning and they were here to redress it (previously un-noticed blood blister on her calf burst while getting out of bed)...

Finally, I left with Janette and Linda still there - it's what friends are for...

Home just before 5...


My BeReal today was a bit better than yesterday's!



Brilliant unpictured pasta for tea from Annie - prawns, creme fraiche, courgette, mushroom etc, with tasty crusty bread...

On telly, "Leverage" and "Grantchester", the latter coming to an end - made a change to see "Geordie" at a crime scene with another policeman, rather than a vicar...

Back to the machines at 10...


A collage of mum's demeanour from 1 November through to yesterday (I took no pics today - too busy sorting stuff)
Amazing how badly downhill she's gone since she got home, just a week ago...

No life at all now really...

Desperately sad but we will do what we can to get things improved...

Some chat with Dr {rog who was in the Weedge for Rick Wakeman tonight, hence the latter's inclusion on the playlist...

A few wee downloads (I'll probably never listen to) last thing, including  Rick item, then, off to bed with Mick, not Rick, Ronson in the cans...

Highlight of the Day : Anne's pasta...

Today's New Music:-

No comments: