Saturday, February 10, 2024

New songs and good cooking...

Playlist
Jóhannsson - Orphée
Cloudland Blue Quartet - The Dark Room
Arp - More
Kungens Män - För samtida djur 1
Fernando Utreras - Reflejos
Ultravox - Systems of Romance

Saturday...



And, today, the third in a row of anniversaries...

Following on from Wizzard and Kitty, today was big sister Sheila's birthday...

Sheila I...


Sheila II


...most of which was spent working on my album "The Dark Room"...

The music was commenced back in April last year...

This morning I wrote a lyric for each of the four pieces...


While it took less than 15 minutes to sing them into the hand held recorder, actually mixing the demos (I think I will definitely have to song them all again - not something I do very often these days), took the rest of the day...

In the evening, a welcome beer...


And superb vegetarian dish from Annie, based on Mexican cuisine...


Yumtastic...


I wonder if she will ever make it again...

Despite my praise for her cooking, her misplaced lack of confidence leads to her very often, never to make something again which I believed to be a triumph but which she perceived as a disaster...

Such is the nature of creation...

"Gladiators" was watched with the sound down....

Don't know how anyone could watch it with the sound up...

Highlight of the Day: New songs and good cooking...

Today's New Music:-

No comments: