Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Nope, never here...

Playlist
Chad Wackerman - Dreams, Nightmares and Improvisations
Dweezil Zappa - Via Zammata'
Cloudland Blue Quartet - The Dark Room
Neil Young - After the Goldrush
The Velvet Underground - Loaded
The Three Sounds - Live at the It Club Vol 2
Crusaders - 1
Chicago - Chicago III
Grossstadtgeflüster - DAS ÜBER-ICKE
The American Analog Set - For Forever
Yellowcard & Hammock - A Hopeful Sign
The American Analog Set - New Drifters
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Vanilla Receiver
Dwiki Dharmawan - So Far So Close
Mahavishnu Orchestra - Birds of Fire



Up and getting this up to date while listening to a Chad Wackerman album online which I did not realise I already had...

So it goes...

Out just after 8 and over to my mum's, soundtracked by the first two of the four main long pieces from "The Dark Room"...

On arrival the carers were in and it was chaos...

Eventually I got her sorted but she was left in her bed today due to time constraints pending a visit from the OT to determine correct times - which, of course, should have been done pre her release from hospital...

Some dreadful photos of the scene were taken prior to this but I am loathe to post them - this, however, was given the usual thumbs up from my mum of "that's not too bad, son"...


The neatly left towels from yesterday just left lying...


Neither of her available phones were left on her table - nor were her pills - I give the benefit of the doubt that I was there and perhaps they thought I would sort it out but really, they should leave mum in the correct situation as if no-one would be there to help her while she was on her own...

I made a note in the book that four things MUST be within reach - phone, pills, TV remotes, address book...

We'll see...

A visit from the alarm lady to remove the one that prompts a call if there's no movement for a couple of hours, now that there will be no discernable movement at all, with mum being confined to either bed or chair...


Hospital at Home arrived and did their checks etc and declared her to be fine - even though she was clearly very confused...

I tidied up the room and the scene when I finally left was this...



I had not intended to visit today but arrived at 8:15 for a "flying visit" which saw me leaving at 2pm, post the carers' lunchtime visit - this time they left the slider sheet under mum and I had to remove that...

Anyway...

Home, soundtracked by the second two of the four main long pieces from "The Dark Room"...

Some kind of relaxation for the rest of the day...

A couple of things on Telly with Anne then, to the machines...


Finished off the 1970 CD listening...




Called my mum around 5:30 to take her pills - Sheila was there, having taken in all the newly bought extra bedding and a few other things...

Mum advised her I had not been there today...

Jeez oh...

On the upside, this arrived from Deutschland...


Refilled the wee CD rack with 1971...


Post fish fingers chips and beans, started 1971 with Crusaders before I realised it was released in 1972...


Replaced with Chicago...



On telly, "One Day", "Leverage" and "Our Flag Means Death"...

Late on, a couple of new discoveries...

The 20 year old but never before on the radar Berlin trio, Grossstadtgeflüster...

From Austin, Texas, The American Analog Set - their most recent LP plus an almost 4 hour, just released, compilation...

And a new collaboration from faves Hammock, with Yellowcard...

Ended the day with Anne, watching the footie highlights which, for me, were soundtracked by this CBQ ambience...


...recorded back in November and due out around September this year - such is the backlog of work I have on the hard drives...

To bed with the Mahavishnu Orchestra...

Happy Valentine's Day by the way...

Highlight of the Day : Getting home...

Today's New Music:-

No comments: