Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Honest ref, it wasn't deliberate...

Playlist
The Mastelottos - A Romantic's Guide To King Crimson
Johnathan Blake - Passage
Cloudland Blue Quartet - GLAM!
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Live Suite 2023/24

The morning was spent working on what was "Newcastle" but, by close of play was "Live Suite 2023/24"...


A break for breakfast...


A stick received from Anne's Zumba coach on Monday re "Star Trek Strange New Worlds" was given an attempted watch...

Tried to work out where it goes into the TV and how to access it...


In the end, it went into the Tivo box and we watched the first episode from there...

Work on "Newcastle" proceeded...

I rehearsed the set...

I have gotten the 35 stems down to six items - Synths, CBQ Classical Series LP Edits, Shortwave Radios, String Quartet & Drums, Field Recordings and Pianos...

I was using Virtual DJ on the configuration with six desks....

Sounds great - and I can add some effects to the tracks as I go along, whilst ensuring as best as possible they are all running in tandem and sync'd up once things get going...

But annoyingly, there was occasional drop out re the field recordings - the one track that has stuff going on for the whole hour...

So I looked around for an app where I can load in all six tracks and run them live while mixing...

I can't use Audacity as it can't be manipulated while it's playing...

Then it occurred to me to take it down to 4 tracks and try that on VDJ...

Tomorrow...

Anyway, here was the situation in early afternoon...

The project is proceeding at pace...


And here are the 21 LPs of which elements will appear in the performance...


Mid afternoon, over to Anne's mum's and a wee drive ensued to the Secret Herb Garden...





I eschewed coffee and cake for a bowl of Cullen Skink...


But the cake was certainly enjoyed - and I liked that the soon to be going to Bali waitress smiled for the pic too...


I spotted old school and indeed church chum Lorna McColl at another table but we did not speak...

On our exit a bee had attached itself to Anne's jeans...

It took some persuading to let go...


...and so became the cover star for the weekend's podcast...

Nice views...






And, in the shop...


...gin was secured...


As we left, Anne was messaging Jane to let her know things had gone well...


Tonight, to the football...


I played outfield for the whole game and, this week, it was 0-1, 1-1, 1-2, 2-2 and, finally, 6-2 for our team...

I managed to get away with a certain penalty for deliberate hand ball by convincing fellow players it had been accidental...

But it would only have pulled the opposing whites back to 6-3...

I am now 3rd in the table!  On the shoulders of giants as they say...

Home...


...for tea and "Star Trek"...

Highlight of the Day : Working on music...

Today's New Music:-

No comments: