Sunday, August 13, 2023

Don't put your hand in the flame....

Playlist
David Sylvian - Gone To Earth (Remaster)
Boxhead Ensemble- Dutch Harbor OST
The Jazz Crusaders - Heatwave
Chic - Chic
Roger Hodgson - In The Eye Of The Storm
Black Sabbath - Headless Cross
Golden Earring - Just Earrings
Bootsy Collins - The One Giveth
Ornette Coleman - Virgin Beauty
Frank Zappa - Thing-Fish
Grand Funk Railroad - What's Funk
The Bears - Rise And Shine
Bryan Ferry - These Foolish Things
Bill Nelson - Sounding the Ritual Echo
Die Ärzte - Live: Nach Uns Die Sintflut
Various Artists - Sugar Sugar: The Birth Of Bubblegum Pop
tapes and topographies - floating world - reflections on 36 views of newland island
40 Watt Sun - Perfect Light
Blessed are the Hearts that Bend - Edgelands
Nomi Epstein - cubes
Carol Robinson - The Weather Pieces (Mode 333)
Joan Baez - Joan Baez
Various Artists - Best Ever Soul & Disco
Bunsenburner - Rituals

Good morning, Sunday morning



...and it suddenly occurred to me that the CD I've been looking for would not have had the artist (Boxhead Ensemble) noted anywhere on the sleeve...

I looked under D for "Dutch Harbor" and there it was...


Of course then I proceded to discover I'd "lost" another one - a Beethoven disc by Glenn Gould, whose cover is on the front of one of the boxes of CDs but the CD of which is not in said box (or any of those around it) - frustrating...

Not to worry...

Hearts were at home today so I took Anne to Jane's and then, on the way to my mum's stopped off in Morningside for a look around...


Walked for quite a while to find a cash machien and visited those shops which were open...

Eventually I cam back to my parking spot for a look in the Shelter shop...

Before...


After...


A 4CD set of soul and disco was purchased for £2...

Onwards and shopping secured and taken to my mum's...

Where I forced her to take her dirty plates etc through to the kitchen, much to her annoyance - but it doubled what passes for her "exercise"...



Home and Fang was visiting...


...and, later, deciding whether he wanted to exit or not...


Today's acquisition...





And my latest podcast has gone "top 10" once again...


Who knows how their charts work?

Some telly and some soul and disco ripping...

And I stumbled a cross a new release from German post rockers Bunsenburner, which was nice...

All over for another weekend...

Highlight of the Day : New Bunsenburner...

Today's new music:-

No comments: