Tuesday, January 05, 2021

Under the umbrella...

Playlist
John Rutter: The Cambridge Singers - Images Of Christ
Strauss, R - Der Rosenkavalier
Roland Kayn - Electronic Symphony I-III
Shabaka and the Ancestors - We Are Sent Here By History
Moses Boyd - Dark Matter
The Tubes - T.R.A.S.H.
David Bowie - Scary Monsters
Chicago - Chicago III
Focus - Moving Waves
The Temptations - Sky´s The Limit
Dave & Ansel Collins - Double Barrel
Harold Land - Choma (Burn)
Weather Report - Weather Report

Up late as, today, it was back to WFH after a weird but enjoyable break...


Breakfast with Anne, then, to the work station, where the strange electronic sounds of Ronald Kayn soundtracked the morning...

Along with the works I played, I downloaded a further 10 or so - many of which I'm sure I'll never listen to...

But I have the option...

At lunchtime, an episode of "The Umbrella Academy" watched with Anne - season 2 is surpassing season 1...

In the afternoon, a couple of LPs played - not this one though, even though it's the Random LP of the Day for today -  it was the last of four I played yesterday...

As you may notice, though probably won't, it was post the tidy and shuffle around of the desk... 





This one holds a special place for me as it was the first Francoise Hardy LP I bought - in a charity shop near Greyfriars' Bobbie in Edinburgh - purely on the basis of the cover - I'd never heard of her...

I was hooked as soon as the needle hit the record and the first song started, back in those pre CD days...

Today though, I moved on and played the records which will be pictured over the next couple of days - good to be slightly ahead of the game for once...

Pasta for tea and some telly tonight, including "Holby City", the thing set in Dundee which started last night and another "Umbrella Academy"...

Ended the day listening to 50 year old music, from 1971...

...as you do...

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : The Umbrella Academy...

No comments: