Thursday, January 14, 2021

The uncertainty block, unblocked...

Playlist
Various - Cloudland Blue Eclectic Selection 2018
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Torrent Tree Bone Intercession [Single]
Olivier Vernet - Fauré, Poulenc, Duruflé, Alain Ave Verum
Anner Bijlsma - Anner Biljsma - 70 Years Jubilee Edition
Isata Kanneh-Mason - Romance - The Piano Music of Clara Schumann
Puccini - Tosca
Roland Kayn - Electronic Symphony I-III
Brian Eno - Film Music: Interior [EP]
Sophia Loizou - Untold
Lubomyr Melnyk - Windmills
Galya Bisengalieva - Aralkum
Daníel Bjarnason - Processions
christina vantzou - No. 2
Robert Fripp - Music For Quiet Moments
David Bowie - Mother [Single]
Yowie - Synchromysticism
Esmerine - Dalmak
Dmitry Evgrafov - Surrender
The Church - Man Woman Life Death Infinity
Spektral Quartet - Experiments in Living
LeStrange Viols - Æternum - Music of the Elizabethan Avant Garde from Add. MS 31390
Endangered Quartet - Heart
William Ryan Fritch - Solidum
Half Moon Run - The Covideo Sessions
Tangerine Dream - Pilots of the Purple Twilight
Die Ärzte - Ist das Alles
Martina Bertoni - Music For Empty Flats
die Angel - Utopien I
Cloudland Blue Quartet - The Uncertainty Block [Single]
Agricola - Ein geheimes Labyrinth
Bacewicz - Streichequartette
Bach, J S - Sonatas for Viola da Gamba & Harpsichord
Barlow - Musica Derivata
Bartok - 44 Duos for Violin
Beck - Six Symphonies, Opus 1
Beethoven - Harmoniemusik
Boccherini - Sextuors, Op 23
Brade - Hamburger Ratsmsik
Brouwer - The Black Decameron

Started the day, again, with an old podcast...


...followed by the new piece I did yesterday...


..followed by the classical music pieces from Clemency Burton-Hill's book intended as listening over the last few days and today...

Today would have been my dad's 91st birthday, had he not died back in 2003 - just 11 years or so now from where I am in my own life...

Uh oh...

Outside it was dark cold and wet...


Inside, I was ready for action, kind of...


Before WFH, wrote this up and enjoyed today's random LP of the day...

I should really have played the LP my dad used in order to get me interested in classical music but that popped up 5 days ago...

Instead, this from Kraftwerk...


Bought in Kassel on 1st June 1980...


On which day, according to my diary, I was awoken by a fly, had a stinking cold and also bought "More" by Pink Floyd, "The Flowers of Romance" by PIL and "I Just Can't Stop" by the Beat...


I have always been eclectic it seems...


This is a good record, with a nice, rare edit of "Autobahn"...


WFH like a demon today, with a break for the last veggie sausage based lunch of the week and a couple of "The Good Place"s...

More WFH in the afternoon...

Another new CBQ piece created "The Uncertainty Block" - four different versions, one of which includes some snaffled bass from Twitterchum Tim Webb and jazz improv drumming by one Jae Sinnett..

Liking that...

As I did, the home made fish & chips tea (with a side salad of baked beans) from the EP...


I made the coffee though...

That, I can do...


Upstairs for more CD playing in the back room - taking out the first 10 boxes of Classical CDs and choosing one disc from each...


...which produced this eclectic selection...


Brother in law Keith had asked today for some "modern classical" suggestions this afternoon - I gave him twenty...

...then, added this tonight as I listened...



...before enjoying some grapes and an apple while watching "Death in Paradise"...


...followed by "Scot Squad" - the one where Commissioner Mickelson was beaten up by the young female recruits...

Very funny indeed...

Lights out ...

Highlight of the Day : More new music...

No comments: