Saturday, January 30, 2021

Shuffling stuff and remixing other stuff...

Playlist
Various Composers - Die Mannheimer Schule
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Untitled
Haubenstock-Ramati - Konstellationen Etc
Golden Hymns Sing 'Hurrah' - The Great Dystopian Songbook I: Songs For The Setting & Rising Sun
Jadin - String Trios
Huelgas Ensemble - The Magic of Polyphony
Gary Boyle - The Dancer
Rhye - Home
Rabbitt - A Grunt and a Croak in the Night
The Teardrop Explodes - Kilimanjaro
Alban Berg Quartett - Rihm & Schnittke: String Quartets No. 4 (Live at Vienna Konzerthaus, 1990)
Various Composers - Mannheimer Schule, Vol. 1-5
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Disquietmusik
Beethoven - Complete String Quartets
Edward Spark - The Curse

Saturday - but writing this next Tuesday morning...

As ever my playlist and pictures remind me of things I've forgotten...

Nearly the end of January...

Yesterday felt like a Saturday...

A really good day due to it having been Anne's birthday and it having turned out far better than anticipated...

A bit of a lie in today as the podcast was fully prepped by close of play yesterday and so was ready to go...


Reasonable outside - although, as is mostly the case these days, I did not venture forth...


Podcast up...


...and breakfast at home...


...with the radio - Radio 4, Saturday Live...



Anne went off to visit her mum and I went into the attic to do some "tidying"...

I found the family tree of my early bands, which used to be on the wall in the flat where I lived in 1979/80...


...and a couple of big pictures of my band Rough Cut from, probably, 1978...

Desmond Gurr, me, Dood Hamilton, Dennis Gurr...


We were originally called Berlin - a far better name..


Just before Dood left, we changed our name to Sven Diamond - can you see what we did there?

Future Capital Models guitarist Gus Bolton replaced Dood and we changed our name again to Kicks...

The band split when I left for Germany in the summer of 1979...

But before I did, the very first line up of the, at that time unnamed, Capital Models had one session - me, Ann Park, with whom me and the Exec Producer were at college, on electric violin and Ann's brother Jim on drums...

No recording exists...

I also found our old bus passes...



The views...






I basically just moved some stuff around...


...and added a CD player, amp and speakers to the set up...


...before I descended again...


...and got sucked into doing a couple of remixes for Edward Spark for his new project - working on a track called "The Curse"...


...which took up the afternoon (during which Hearts beat Dunfermline 1-0 and Queens' game in Inverness was called off)...

A beautiful curry for tea from Annie...


..and then a listen back to my Spark work...


In the evening, a "Call My Agent" or two and the final ever two episodes of "Spiral" entertained...

So glad that the ending (spoilers) was upbeat - everything could have been much darker...

Lights out...

Highlight of the day : Remixing...

No comments: