Sunday, January 17, 2021

An annoying chip...

Playlist
Various - Cloudland Blue Eclectic Selection 2016-2021
Bach, C P E - CPE Bach Edition
Kansas - Somewhere To Elsewhere
The Beatles - Chronology
Cloudland Blue Quartet - The Surrender of Barcelona (1934-1937) (EP)
Various - 70's School Days
Haydn - String Quartets (Complete)
David Gilmour - David Gilmour
Premiata Forneria Marconi - Per Un Amico
John Lennon - Rock 'n' Roll
The Tubes - The Tubes
Atomic Rooster - In Hearing Of Atomic Rooster
Messiaen - Quatour pour la fin du Temps
Vladimir Horowitz - In The Hands Of The Master
Albinoni - Oboe Concertos Complete Op 7 & 9
Lauredsen - Light Eternal
Reich - Different Trains; Electric Counterpoint

The day started very late last night really, as I closed off Saturday by listening to today's Random LP of the Day, Alice Cooper's 1976 follow up to "Welcome to My Nightmare", "Alice cooper Goes to Hell"...


6 years is, of course, nothing in music these days but, in the 70s, careers came & went in less time...

The worldwide success of the Alice Cooper group lay between yesterday’s & today’s LPs..


I bought this on its release, on 7 July 1976 for £2.79 - hmmm, I note that, at this point, I did not put a stroke through my sevens...



 
Someone commented on how cheap prices were in those days - but I pointed out that £1 then is £7.41 now, so the Coop cost £20.66 in today’s money...


  Music (in its physical form) is, in fact, slightly cheaper now than it was then - unless you still buy vinyl of course...

A new vinyl copy of this is £26.74 today..

But, as I learned with the snap crackle and pop of the new Eno record at Xmas, that's just daft... 

It was my most played record of July 1977, at the height of punk rock...


...and I did enjoy playing it again...

Anyway, after getting some sleep, I was up again at 7:08...


Some views from the office today...

I did not play these...


...and I did no painting - though Anne did...


...and I did no reading...


Instead, I commenced a task of "sorting out" all the myriad playlists I've created on iTunes, putting them into more easily handled Playlist Folders...

Soon, the sun was up and I took a break and headed off for my mum's shopping...




I also popped to Patisserie Florentin before coming back; and so we enjoyed a perhaps nicer than normal breakfast...


Blurry photos were taken of this elusive Robin...


..waiting for me to replenish the feeding station...


The playlist project was finally completed and lunch enjoyed before, 3 hours after its replenishment, the feeding station was finally visited by the squirrel (or one of them - we think there are three different regular attendees, squirrel wise)...



A solo trip to my mum's...

As I arrived, her new neighbours, a young couple who reminded me of Ali and Julie, came to the door with flowers for my mum - in advance of noise from their new house as they do it up...

And so Joe and Louise, who will marry and, presumably move in, in March, joined the fray...

My mum was delighted with the flowers...



Home around 5 and, an hour or so later, a tasty duck based tea - which was, of course, a shame for the duck...


We relaxed and watched telly - I snoozed a little, I will admit but, once I'm awake of a morning, I cannot return to the Land of Nod...

I'd been listening today, mostly, to old podcasts and continued to do so while snoozing and while waiting on something good coming on the telly...


A new thing, "Finding Alice" was enjoyed and will be a Sunday night staple for the next few weeks...

Then, disaster...

On lifting my iPod and headphones from the table, I did not realise the cable had gotten tangled with the tiny legs of one of our Canadian coasters... 

It jumped up, crashed back down on the table and lost a slight chip off one corner...


So annoying...


Some research was undertaken on the web - much like when Anne accidentally broke one of what have come to be known as the "Potsdam cups" - which we were able to replace after some sleuthing...

We'll see...

To bed around midnight...

Weekend over...

Highlight of the Day : Sorting out the playlists...

No comments: