Saturday, January 22, 2011

Application of hickman...

Playlist
Cockney Rebel - The Psychomodo
Edgar Froese - Ages
Vivaldi - The Four Seasons
Bob Dylan - Biograph

Up at six and out into the cold with Anne as she drove me to the airport...


Breakfast at Eat...


Back to Gate 9, almost seven weeks since I last flew down to Luton...


A fine flight on a half full plane, soundtracked by Cockney Rebel and Edgar Froese...




Landed early and was collected by chum Debbie at 10am, delivered back to Pam's house...


Also met quickly with chums Michelle and Suzanne before a quick turnaround and off in Pam's car into London to the Royal Free, arriving around Midday to join her for lunch...

For this, she donned a fetching hat...


Pam enjoyed her first trip outside for some considerable time...


..and, post lunch at Dominiques, we took a walk on the very fringes of Hampstead Heath...


Back on the ward, spectacular views were afforded...



..while Pam afforded a view of the various attempts (including the one successful one) to apply her Hickman Line to a vein - normally a 15 minute task which, last night took over three hours......



At 3:30, with Pam a bit tired, I left her to rest...


..and made my way to Camden...


...purchasing yet another 3CD set of Bob Dylan for some unknown reason...

After an hour or so, I returned to the hospital and, with Pam, took a few laps of the ward to exercise her left leg, which was injured in an episode involving air conditioning induced cramp last night apparently...


Then we took the lift down to A&E X-Ray to have her Hickman Line X-Rayed to ensure all is ok for it to be used to intravenously administer antibiotics

The big space to the left of Pam's bed...


..was soon re-filled by a lady from St Albans returning from theatre, having been taken just after three and so I took my leave around 6:30, with a number of bags of stuff to bring home and a small slip of paper containing details of stuff to bring back tomorrow...

And I also brought home the laptop - no WiFi in the hospital apparently - which has allowed me to update this...

A text from Pam advised her stiches have now been removed...

I will no doubt spend the rest of the evening watching rubbish on TV or listening to Bob Dylan...

In fact yes this is what I am doing...

Highlight of the Day : A Visit to Pam...

5 comments:

Sour Grapes said...

Hello Mr CBQ! Is that EAsyJEt I see you are flying?

Hope Pam is well. All the best from me, the family, and the cat!

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Easyjet it is indeed. Down and back for under £60, can't say fairer than that!

Will give Pam you and your family's best when I see her today..

Glad to see you're getting back to normal - bummer that I've missed the chance to be on your greatest hits but future collaboration is, I think, a secure notion...

Cheers

Sour Grapes said...

Cheers David - as a somewhat Jetspotter i could see the EJ colours a mile away.

The GH of Sours Grapes is for all the rubbish Sage & I have done...so not to fear....there is more life in the beast yet!

Glad you and Pam are doing well. Onwards & Upwards
Ryan

Disco Stu said...

Hey, good to see Pam doing so well. Great photo document to. I was thinkin of going to the Mogwai gig at hmv picture house on Mon 21st Feb, do you fancy it at all?

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Cheers Stu - Mogwai sounds like a good plan - will catch up with you when I'm back home...