Sunday, September 26, 2010

Grandiose instrumental overture...

 Playlist
Genesis - A Trick of the Tail
Rheostatics - Introducing Happiness
MGMT - Congratulations
The Roy Hargrove Quintet - Earfood
John Scofield - This Meets That

Up around 6:30 and comparing the synchronisation of the proposed live set to the visuals created yesterday...

I realised I had around two and a half minutes of time still available...

I had a brainwave - create an introductory piece...

If I do an acoustic set (it's not set in stone yet that I won't), I would enedeavour to include songs from the previous seven albums as well as "Splinterheart"...

So, I thought why not create a sound collage incorporating said older songs along with the four missing-on-account-of-being-too-left-field "Splinterheart" pieces...

And so I did - and, given that the first half of the first song in the set involves no singing, that too became part of the collage...

So the backing track was complete...

Then I sang through the set, recording it for the "Souvenir" CD for the night - should my plans remain unaltered...


Spring cleaning (even though it's Autumn) was also taking place in the house and I chipped in with some tidying and moving of furniture and consideration of future plans to rearrange matters...


Outside, it was a beautiful sunny day but, rather than go for a walk, we watched the film, "The Secret Garden"...


In the evening, nourishment came in the form of a tasty and much missed recently Red Thai Chicken Curry, while entertainment was supplied by "Inspector George Gently" and "Match of the Day 2"

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : Creating and Anne's curry...

2 comments:

Sour Grapes said...

ahhh Trick Of The Tail.....good to see you throw that one in MR CBQ. VEry hard to beat this record...

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

All in all, probably their most "rounded" album of their "progressive" period (1970-1978). No weak tracks (other than "Los Endos" being faded out at the end)...